Mythbuster's '95 Mk2 Ibiza 1.4 CLX [22-07-2011 > Banded black shiny steel :D]

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Shoulda known, same here but I ain't on much on either of the 3 :p Wasn't your previous Ibiza in Brisa Blue as well? I remember one in the same color but I just read your readers ride which said you just bought this...

Kgroot.nl

Jan 16, 2011
No my previous Ibiza was 'schaduw grijs' (the FR look 1.4 Sensation)
Don't now the name in english but you'll know it.

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
I'd probably be coming over by plane, maybe by car and boat. Would be doing the same trip a last time but it's not gonna be til next year I think.

245000 miles! That's pretty good, mine's not even half that but it feels awful, there's bumps and rattles and the engine is dying :( I don't want to get rid of it, but I don't think I'm gonna have a choice soon.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Meh if you get the engine out of a scrap car I'm sure it would be possible.. I don't really have the know-how either but if you get the same engine it's just a straight swap, just connect the stuff the same way as you disconnected it and it should be fine right...

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Exactly lol...

Rims are swapped over temporarily... Made some pics just for fun. Would've looked very nice if I had facelift bumpers, also, they don't fit properly. The centering-ring on my car is too small for these wheels, so I drove home very very slowly. Don't need the car for a week anyway so I only had to drive it home and drive it back to work next Saturday on these. Does look kinda cool though...
Foto1556.jpg

Foto1560.jpg

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Thanks mate, I think they look pretty cool as well, they're 15 inch I think, as I think 16 would scrub on full lock and 17 would rub on the back? I think? 100% sure not 17 though. But they don't fit properly as I said, plus I think the steelies will look a lot better, I can't keep them anyways as they're borrowed as I said :/

They're gonna be off again as soon as my steelies are done. Bringing the steelies away for bandening/widening tomorrow. Should have the first pics up by Tuesday but not sure. Better be good! :D

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Hmm well they don't scrub on full lock so could be either 15 or 16 then... I'm still guessing 15's though... Haven't checked anyway. Wheels went off for widening yesterday so I'm hoping to get a call today or tomorrow that I can pick em up. Would suck if the guy has to work the whole week and he only does it during weekends as that means I have to go to work by bicycle or on wibbly-wobbly wheels... Plus I just want my wheels..... :( Oh well...

And yeah Araz, that sounded a bit creepy but I got what you meant lol :p

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i'll be watching you, while you shower ;)

Araz...you pervert, hahaha i'm kidding :D

Also techically it all depends on tyre profile, if you get a smaller tyre profile, you can have same rolling radius as the 16" ronals ;)

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
True, true.. I should probably get a smaller profile on the steelies when it's time for new tires tho... Baloontires might look kind of silly in this case :p But I'll just see how it turns out first

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.