N/S Front door vandalised - repair or replace?

Oct 6, 2020
Someone decided to give a row of cars a good splash of superglue, and one of them was mine. I did my best to remove the hardend glue with acetone and 3000 grit sandpaper but it looks like the damage is pretty permanent. I've been round the area getting quotes for repairs - one place has suggested professional light sanding and a machine polish for £72 might help. The only alternative is repainting and blending the other panels for around £500-600.

I'm also looking at the possibility of simply just replacing the door with one of the same colour code but finding a car breaker or similar around here with one is proving very hard (South West near Bristol).

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Attachments

• IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 117

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Hold out for a replacement door, shouldn't be more than a hundred quid.
I assume it doesn't effect the normal running of the car, so you can just wait until one pops up?

Have you tried eBay? Loads of cars breaking on there.

Oct 6, 2020
Hold out for a replacement door, shouldn't be more than a hundred quid.
I assume it doesn't effect the normal running of the car, so you can just wait until one pops up?

Have you tried eBay? Loads of cars breaking on there.
I've had a look on eBay and nobody seems to be selling the right colour code of door - I need one in W7Z (Gris Track Grey) which seems hard to come by.

Doesn't affect the car at all like you say so it could just be a case of waiting for one to come along, or saving up for a respray.