n249 bypass

kennyrodgers84

kennyrodgers lcr
yeh i noticed a difference straight away, although to be fair, my car was having problems then i done this while it was being fixed. dunno about you, but changing gear at speed seems crisper and smoother, and the throttle is slightly more eager.......alot of people say they can hear their DV more, mine is defo more audible when im caning it to death. dunno if its due to this.....as i have said good little mod....

while you are doin it, debaffle your charge pipe too.....my car sounds like a whisleing kettle on full chat....lol

are you talkin bout the steel charge pipe??

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Just interested what does the N249 do and how come you can ditch it, same for the vacuum chamber(is that the black holo box above the far left coil)?

crazyshad1

Jun 21, 2008
Just done this mod.

The dv is very slightly louder but the biggest difference is on part throttle. When i drive down my street on part throttle in first (between speed bumps) the power would cut off. It was as though i had lifted my foot off the throttle but now it hold its speed without the jerk. Its abit hard to explain.

turbin

17082008126.jpg

Hey Bret, is that the whole 249 bypass mod? one single hose?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
think i'll be giving this a try when i get a pice of tube from some where any recommendations for the tubing:D

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
try and get one tomorrow tryed to do it at the weekend but couldnt figure out hove to connect them so left it :doh:want to get it done before i get the car mapped :D

turbin

sorry to bring this up again but what did you use to join the 2 pipes togther

no need for a joint. Just replace both parts with one long 4mm silicone hose. Works a charm.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
In case of doing this, is all other hoses to the N249 then "useless"? And what about the other white T joint where there are one left "unblanked" Shouldnt it be blanked off as well?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.