N75 decision

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
After countless head banging i still cant make up my mind, wether to get standard N75 F valve or n75j valve. after few searches herd that N75 valve j version is alot better and the boost come earlier. im looking for some thing that will imporve the pick up.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
it is a tough one
ive heard about 50-50 saying its pointless, and others swearing by it
ive no idea what to do, whether not to bother or get a J

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
It seems the only way to know it to try it on YOUR car.

Personally, I would say it's not worth the bother. Stick to what's standard.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
really don't see what all this fuss is about AT ALL. I mean, its not like it gives you more power, is it?

Ok, so it adjusts the power curve slightly.

Noticable in real life situations? Doubt it.

Stick with standard.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well it only cost few quid extra, if i did get one, will it make the car worser or will it give it any problems by not accepting the J valve?

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
if its standard ( not remapped ) then it should work ok. Its meant to give a higher spike and hold the boost a bit longer up the rev range isn't it?

Are you sure that your current N75 i faulty? ;) Seriously, hand on heart, When I sold it to you, it was working perfectly on my car - I bought a new one because I thought mine may have been faulty but the new one and old one perfomed the same - my problem was a faulty thermostat. It seems like your car is eating parts right now?

Pabs, I think the N75 can give more power, or at least more boost - don't forget the N75 controls the wastegate which basically controls how much boost the turbo is making. A different N75 could basically keep the WG closed longer meaning more boost - and if the car can handle it, that can mean more power.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Its not worth the £40 it costs, seriously, ive tried them all, searchy for my rr sessions , tried a few, one caused limp mode and the c and J variants were no better than std f valve, they only shifted the powerband by a few hundred revs up or down, not worth it.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
if its standard ( not remapped ) then it should work ok. Its meant to give a higher spike and hold the boost a bit longer up the rev range isn't it?

Are you sure that your current N75 i faulty? ;) Seriously, hand on heart, When I sold it to you, it was working perfectly on my car - I bought a new one because I thought mine may have been faulty but the new one and old one perfomed the same - my problem was a faulty thermostat. It seems like your car is eating parts right now?

Pabs, I think the N75 can give more power, or at least more boost - don't forget the N75 controls the wastegate which basically controls how much boost the turbo is making. A different N75 could basically keep the WG closed longer meaning more boost - and if the car can handle it, that can mean more power.

i gettin the sympton as before where the car jams in certain revs, after i replayed the n75 it was ok. im sooooooooo confused :cry: . spent and spent money and still end up in the same place.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
jams at certain revs - what do you mean? when you get to certain revs (eg 4500rpm) it slows down?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
when florr it in 2nd 3rd gear ect. when the car hits either 5000rpm or 6000rpm, the revs and the speed meter jam up and dont budge. the car still goin but stuck at that speed! it dosnt even redline!!

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
N75 doesn't control revs - sticky revs is going to be cause by something else completly.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
im so confused now! im guna get it booked in by an expert! i cant be asked no to deal with bl**dy thing.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh u jus replaced the lambda sensor reecently but the fault keep coming saying resistance too high, but before it didnt effect ther performance in any way!

vag dosnt show any problem with coil packs

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members