N75 query!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
I know this has been done for the beezer boys but im wondering if its the smae for leon cupra's, not LCR's.

Firstly i know the valve controls the dv etc and amount of boost, but the different types what do they mean!! I've heard of J and F i think, but which one would be best for a mapped car..

Have done a search but nothing major to read about!!

Cheers all!!!

p.s best place to buy also!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Stick with the STOCK N75 (F).

Remaps are designed to work with the standard components - change them and you'll need to change the map to suit.

N75J's have prooved to cause a lot of problems for people. Very few (CupraUK springs to mind???) have had a good experience.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
ok see what your saying there, so if i got my map adjusted to work with a different n75 would there be a better one for this or stay standard as i know alot of people go to the j version for some reason!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
if you search on this, you'll find that most leon drivers stick with the standard F valve, as it gives the best results. I think there is very little difference between the valves, they just adjust when the boost is applied... i think the F is earlier boost, and J is later....

Not really sure. As i've said there are loads of threads on this. I'll see if i can drag some up.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
As Pabs says, more bad stories than good. I like mine for the delivery but it has knocked a few bhp off on the RR. My 1/4 mile times are better but that could just be because of more practice or luck :)

I'm going to a SCN RR day in February, lets wait and see how I compare to other stg 1 Revo LCs, not just the peak bhp but across the range.

Brendy's post is quite scientific so is probably the best comparision that has been done.

Last edited:

bigd

Dec 29, 2005
Anywhere
Rob

Stick with the 'F' mate. I replaced mine with a new 'F'. Only really need to start looking at the N75 when you've got stage 2 remap. Best place to by is www.vagparts.co.uk and look under the VW passat section.

See you Sunday.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
ok mate cool cheers be good to see you sunday mate save my place at the table know what your like when it comes to food!! you can see my nice new shiny engine to!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.