N75 valve fitting...

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Can anyone explain or show pics of how the standard N75 valve should be fitted, and how the N75J valve should be fitted?

I've read the J should be fitted the opposite way to the standard N75.

Think my Cupra went into Limp Home mode last night so i want to take the J off and replace it with the standard one to see if that fixes the problem.

daviec

Just have a look at your current N75 and the new one should fit on the same way. There's 3 hoses that it slots into and a little plug that fits into it. That will probably be the cause of your trouble as I tried out both the H and J valves on the rollers and was boosting a little too high on the edge of overboost and would probably be higher on the road and go into limp mode so decided to stick with the original. Would have got 250lb/ft of torque instead of 214 but wasn't worth the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I replaced the J with the standard valve, but the car didnt feel right, wasnt boosting properly and also i could hear the dump valve quite loud. So swapped it around and is running fine so far.

Just need to know if the longer pipe should be facing downwards or upwards?

daviec

I take it your talking about the larger pipe which should be at the bottom of the valve pointing upwards and 2 smaller pipes should be plugged in on the left and right of the valves.

Someone else with a bit more experience with these sort of things might be along to advise you better. But that's the way it's supposed to be I'm sure. It's the way mine is.

daviec

If you post up a pic, then I'll take a pic of mine and post it up tomorrow night and you can compare them. Hope I've been of some help.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
This is the way its currently setup...

n75.jpg

The long pipe is pointing to the ground.

So it should be point to the bonnet?

daviec

I'll take a pic of mine and post it tomorrow as about to hit the sack up at 4:30am for work.

daviec

Went out to check mine was going to take pic but camera has decided to pack in. Anyway looks like the way mine is. The pipe on the right goes down into something with a silver fibre substance wrapped round it and the pipe on the top goes just behind this and down. Hope this sounds right.

Last edited by a moderator:

daviec

Any chance that your dump valve is on the way out? Might be worth while taking it to a garage to have it checked out.

SetH

I fitted a J a few weeks ago, Having previously used an F and H i can confirm that you do fit the J the other way round.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
So is the way i have my standard valve fitted correct?

What affect would it have by fitting it the wrong way around?

Unsure if the J was fitted correctly or not, so unsure if my standard one is on correct or not.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I noticed i was getting higher boost higher up the range with the standard valve.

Gradually increasing from 0.7 bar to 1.0 as the revs increase.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
the standard valve "C" fits with the longest pipe pointing downwards into the inlet pipe with the electrical fitment facintowads the front of the car whereas the "J"fits the same way with the longest pipe pointing downwards but the electicsal connector is facing towards the back off the car

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise