need a cupra god

cresswell22

Aug 14, 2005
haverhill
www.putfile.com
i have done the ecu reset and have tryed unpluging the maf still the same as before i am thinking the only thing i can do is go to the stealers but before i do can anyone think of anything else i will try and explain the problem a couple of weeks ago my engine management light came on but there was no limp mode it still boosted up normaly and still was quick but thought i had better take it to a garage so i did the garage phoned me to say it needed a new lamda i said fine picked it up the next day and matey at the garage said it felt abit flat and needed a new maf so got a new one of them he took me for a drive before the new maf and it did feel flat new maf went on he said it felt better but i dont think it made any difference i have no idea what is up with

mike12

quick test try disconnecting the maf and then give the car a drive and see how that performs the only problem with that is the engine managment light will come on by doing that if the maf is playing up and you disconnect it for a road test it should run better

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Need Vagcom to turn it off so yeah if you dont have it.. you will need a garage to turn it off !!

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
i have done the ecu reset and have tryed unpluging the maf still the same as before i am thinking the only thing i can do is go to the stealers but before i do can anyone think of anything else i will try and explain the problem a couple of weeks ago my engine management light came on but there was no limp mode it still boosted up normaly and still was quick but thought i had better take it to a garage so i did the garage phoned me to say it needed a new lamda i said fine picked it up the next day and matey at the garage said it felt abit flat and needed a new maf so got a new one of them he took me for a drive before the new maf and it did feel flat new maf went on he said it felt better but i dont think it made any difference i have no idea what is up with

just a couple of points here....... firstly your engine management light wont come on cos your car goes into limp mode secondly id never have a so called technician tell me my maf needed replacing cos it was "flat" whats "flat" mean anyway? your EML could of come on for many reasons try vag com
good luck