New car deals comparison

Madhatter

Jul 4, 2014
Sat on arse
Here's the deal, I thought it may be useful to share the deals we have received for the Leon. Let's face it, the vast majority of individuals we have to deal with at either dealerships or brokers are not up to date with either the vehicles they are selling or their features. This fecks me right off. I have a job which relys on me being 100% up to speed with present industry developments and the market, otherwise I'd be obsolete. I understand they have sales targets and it's a tough gig.

So rant over, I thought I'd start a thread for deals so that we can compare;

Here's mine;

36 month lease on a Cupra 290, multi spoke black alloys 19", monsoon grey, 5dr manual

356 per month plus £1129 up front. This is on a 20k per annum mileage allowance.

soziblewuup

May 12, 2015
That's not a bad price at all. I bought a 1 year old 1.8 SC DSG FR (14) (phantom black, alcantara seats etc.)

48 month lease - 4k deposit (part-ex) - £201pm - 15k miles. (Should have got more miles).

I'd have happily taken your deal haha. At the time I wasn't even looking at Cupra's.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
What would be even more useful would be to say if that was business or personal and the cherry on the cake, a link to the deal.

roy

Nov 11, 2015
London
Almost identical spec to yours, Madhatter. I added the sound system and driver assistance, too. 36 x £339, £5000 down, 10k annual.

noob17

Oct 15, 2015
2 Year lease

Red Leon Cupra 290 3dr Manual
£1000 dep + £242 per month (2 year lease) @ 5k Miles Per Annum
7.2p per mile excess

Should hopefully arrive before new year :)

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
But with PCP you do have the option to buy he car at any time and pay off the finance, if it was a Contract Hire deal then it would be worse as that is pure Hire and you give the car back after 3 years no matter what.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
But with PCP you do have the option to buy he car at any time and pay off the finance, if it was a Contract Hire deal then it would be worse as that is pure Hire and you give the car back after 3 years no matter what.

Exactly. Roy didn't mention it was pcp in his 1st reply so guess the reply was basing it on contract hire as that's what the op was talking about. It all depends on what you plan to do, pcp is good but if you don't intend to buy the car outright at the end then contract hire/lease can be a good alternative.
Ultimately it's down to deciding if you want to own the car at some point and working out the best option for you financially. Leasing is good for me but I'm happy to keep the car standard, if you want to modify then leasing probably isn't the best option.

noel2014

Jan 6, 2014
Tamworth
24 month lease on a Cupra 290 DSG, multi spoke black alloys 19", monsoon grey, sound pack, 3 door S/C
349 per month plus £3,000 up front. This is on a 23,000 per annum mileage, on a PCH plan through SEAT.

As I get bored of cars after 12 - 18 months I took a 2 year deal. I do a hell of a lot of miles and can't be ars*d with the hassle of financing myself as I recently sold my 2014 plate FR 184 which I bought from new in March 14 from a broker for £19,500 and max I could get was £11,500 with 37,000 on the clock.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
The only reason I can think of dropping a lump sum on a PCP is to reduce the monthly payment.

PCP's and leases are basically covering the depreciation and you'll not see anything back.

So that £5k is going to be lost anyway but when you've got v low to almost zero interest on the finance then I'd rather keep the cold hard in the bank.

If you're going to keep the car at the end of the term then PCP isn't the best way to do it.

If you're going to borrow the car for a few years then leasing is most likely cheapest and PCP a bit more costly but more flexible if your circumstances change.

Matty91

Jul 12, 2015
Managed to get a 5 door manual cupra with orange pack and full link for 299 a month on a 36 months deal with 1800 upfront.

This is through seat on personal contract hire with 10k per year and suits my mileage.

Only costing 57 more a month than my old 1.4 fr, like others I get bored of cars every few years so leasing suits me,

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
ST FR ACT, no options, 4 year lease, 15k miles. Personal lease. £280 per month, £840 deposit. Includes maintenance, service and tyres. Direct with Stealer, brokers were comparables but I had a p/x to get rid of.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
Via Seat dealer

Cupra 280 (although I have been told I can swap to a 290 if I wish). £1,600 down and £279 per month all in, which includes servicing and maintenance throughout the contract (24 months). 10k pa, 5 door manual in Nevada White with the 19" light weight wheels.

You can increase the lease term directly with VW should you wish and VW will make an offer to purchase at the end of the agreement (been told at reduced price to save them collecting car and paying auction fees) but would have to be in wifes name.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise