New Cupra TDi Owner, any recomendations?

ado_boro

Hey everyone, just bought my first Ibiza Cupra TDi after wanting one for last 2 years. Already thinking about attemping to improve it. Are there any mods that should be done as a must?
Ive looked into what a remap would do and it sounds too good to be true gaining both BHP and MPG has anyone had any personal experience and should I do it/are there any risks?
Also would having the car lowered improve handling???

Thanks for any help or advice!

Apr 27, 2008
hi and welcome :)

a remap is almost must do and the gains are as good as they sound. when i got my cupra tdi it had already had a remap and full uprated sach clutch, due to the standard clutch only been able to stand upto 300lb/ft torque. Many people on here have remaps on there cars which are done by p-torque, gains for your car will see it to about 200bhp and 300lb/ft torque for £265 but you will probably need a new clutch to stop it slipping.

as for lowering, i have AP coilovers on mine and i love them. well made and very good value for money as they are made by KW i believe. they have improved the handlering and transformed the look of the car, take a look in my readers ride thread for pictures of the car theres a link in my signature below

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Agreed with the above, re-map is a must. Id also say a whiteline rear anti roll bar and 20mm rear spacers is a must. The arb takes about 30 mins to fit and improves handling ten fold and the spacers sort out the silly narrow rear beam on the mk4 ibizas. Then on-top of this id say coilovers, green panel filter, seat sport strut brace and your about sorted depending on how far you wanna go with the car.

Whats your car like, im always up boro way, ill keep a look out for you. + if you wanna meet up and see what a difference all the above does then gimme a shout :)

ado_boro

Thanks thats really good to know. Ive a good idea of where to start now. Its just a standard black Cupra TDi at mo. Not in as good condition as id like but all minor things that I can sort over time most of them cosmetic. Thats cool that you live close might give you a shout sometime. I actually live in Redcar if you know it.

Cheers Adrian

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh no worries :)

was there on saturday night, went for a late night walk with the missus, was so foggy. Redcar was empty too, was like a ghost town!

Ill keep a look out for you :)

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
welcome to the forum bud;
the cupra tdi is an excellent car for what it is worth! a re-map will definately give you more to play with and still return good MPG. air filter too, change it from the crap standard one to a green panel filter. that should get you started. have a look at my cupra thread below...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.