new engine bay pics

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hi all. just refitted my cold side kit. also have a new airscoop with cold feed and i thought i would share it with you all :)

any suggestions or what i can do next are welcome

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i never really need to do much as its always kept up together. the first thing i did when i bought the car was to gunk the engine bay, since then i just keep on top of it once a week :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i covered the whole bay with gunk. left it 30mins then lightly rinsed it off. then i started with the aqua wax and bumper care for the hoses and black plastic.
now on a sunday i spend 20mins tops on the bay :)

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Looks stunning mate fair play. Love the white engine cover and wish i had seen that before painting mine silver :(.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
i covered the whole bay with gunk. left it 30mins then lightly rinsed it off. then i started with the aqua wax and bumper care for the hoses and black plastic.
now on a sunday i spend 20mins tops on the bay :)

What did you do with coilpack and other sensors? Have you covered them with something?

My engine bay looks absolutely disguisting (boost leaks + leaky rocker cover gasket doesnt help - now both issues sorted). I really wan to get it clean and shiny ^^

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Love it. My engine bay gets a little clean now and then with that aqua wax. But I need to do it more after seeing your pics.

Keep up the good work!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
What did you do with coilpack and other sensors? Have you covered them with something?

My engine bay looks absolutely disguisting (boost leaks + leaky rocker cover gasket doesnt help - now both issues sorted). I really wan to get it clean and shiny ^^

Yes forgot to say, cover up electrics with plastic bags, then clean electrics with gunk on a cloth. The electrics should be fine when getting a little wet, we still drive our cars in the rain:p

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sam have you got any g/s readings on that cold air feed to the filter setup?

I'd be interested in doing something similar rather than run the cold feed down towards the common fog route.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Oh and sam get the high temp black paint from halfords looks the nuts spray your mani and charge pipe like this
IMG00329-20091025-1020.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.