New Exhaust!

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, after having to go back in for some adjustments, the Arosa finally has his new exhaust just right :D

All important, piccies:

Twins.jpg

Twins2.jpg

Leftpipe.jpg

And the tiny tiny space they had to fit the backbox into - upsidedown....

Mahoosivebackbox.jpg

Its very grin-making :D All growly, but with a bit of a rasp at the end

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hehe looks much neater now you got the pipes tucked in under the rear a bit more Nic - can vouch for the sound of this .... it does NOT sound like 998cc! Nice to see something a little different too :)

gazjones

looks better both the same length, take it the lines on the bottom of the bumper are where its going to be cut out? get it cleaned and get some nice pics up will look good when the car is nice and shiney

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Thankyou both :D

I know Pat, it doesn't sound like a cute little 1.0 anymore! Its very strange driving him along, but I don't mean for it to sounds like anything its not, thats just the way it came out...

The lines on the bumper was where they were *going* to be cut - only the pipes can't physically be fitted that high!

I've got a new bumper going on, so we'll get the cuts done nicely then, and I'm going to try and find some decent black shields to neaten it all up :)

gazjones

ah cool will look nice and neat then
also have to say its got a nice tone to it

gazjones

was so busy looking at the exhaust didnt see the tinsel on the arial!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
looking nice! :):) had a decent exhuast on my old 1.4 ( hence me now dropping the 'two smoking barrels from my siggy.. it was a twin 3" tail) and that used to sound awesome.. its good to get a bit of a growl as you drive along :) bet yours sounds pretty cool, too :)

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Shocking observing skills Gaz - yes, I put tinsel on my aerial, and I have some for the door handles and mirrors once we're out of chavland and back home in Bath :)

I'll try and get a recording of it - Pat, maybe at the Northants meet?

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
agree with martin on this, i'd be tamping if they'd done that to my car, look at the quality of the welding, and the cutout looks like its been cut with a rusty nail, and to leave the drawings on the bumper cutout is poor too

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Yep, bumper is being replaced so it was just a quick cut for now.

I'm no expert on welding, so I couldn't pass comment on the quality at the time - but it did have to be removed to have the new tailpipe fitted, maybe that could make the new welds messy?

Going back in on Friday now though, got a leaky hissing noise, and a bad vibration at speed which can only be exhaust related as I've not added anything else and barely driven the car since it was fitted.

I do still like it, but its turning out to be alot of hassle.

And nobody say 'Why did you choose powerflow?' to me or I will get annoyed :ban: I've had it said a few times now, but it would have been more helpful before I got it fitted. Plus it needed doing quickly as I had no backbox....

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
If you want custom work ... you have to go to a custom place. To be fair, i've seen as many 'big name' quality brands snapping welds amongst other issues so i'd not be unduly worried. stainless steel is a lot more brittle than mild steel which can cause initial problems till it is all bedded in. I still think you made the right choice :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise