New Formentor

Mar 18, 2024
Looking to buy a 2023 V2 1.5 Formentor next week. Lovely car and low mileage. I will be buying outright. Am I wasting my money with known faults frequently mentioned. It will be a daily used car for work also. Thanks

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
Had my Formentor VZ2 310 for 11 months, here are my pros and cons:

Pros
  1. Styling, get a lot of positive comments
  2. Rarity, love it when people ask "What make is that"
  3. Handling and power, it surprised me how nimble it is
  4. Lots of tech on the VZ2, good value for money
  5. Pointless functionality but I love the Cupra symbol shining on the floor when you unlock it in the dark
Cons
  1. Infotainment issues, embarrassing for a new model
  2. Parking sensors and front radar are too often not working, rights itself but still
  3. Disappointing space in the boot, doesn't help that I came from 3 x Skodas
  4. Small petrol tank, 4 refills travelling from Sheffield > Retford > Loch Lomond > Retford > Sheffield

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
As I've posted several times on this forum, owners will be more likely to discuss problems and issues with their Formentors here than simply post 'I love my Cupra and have had no problems'. I reckon most if the infotainment bugs have been sorted. However, ensure you have some warranty in place from your supplier - I'd recommend this regardless of what make/model you're considering. FWIW, I bloody love my VZ2. All the best!

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Had my Formentor VZ2 310 for 11 months, here are my pros and cons:

Pros
  1. Styling, get a lot of positive comments
  2. Rarity, love it when people ask "What make is that"
  3. Handling and power, it surprised me how nimble it is
  4. Lots of tech on the VZ2, good value for money
  5. Pointless functionality but I love the Cupra symbol shining on the floor when you unlock it in the dark
Cons
  1. Infotainment issues, embarrassing for a new model
  2. Parking sensors and front radar are too often not working, rights itself but still
  3. Disappointing space in the boot, doesn't help that I came from 3 x Skodas
  4. Small petrol tank, 4 refills travelling from Sheffield > Retford > Loch Lomond > Retford > Sheffield
Agreed with your pro points Dom. However, and to provide some balance for the OP, I have had no infotainment issues; no problems with the parking sensors/radar; I checked how big the boot and petrol tank was before I bought the car. Additional info, I'm lucky to get 23 mpg. But that's because my missus drives it like an oil magnate.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Overall I love my V2 1.5
I think the infotainment is a bit quirky in the way it works as in certain things I would prefer physical buttons for ease of use but had no real issues.

Mar 18, 2024
I'm looking for a keeper for the next few years. Hoping to retire in the next couple of years. I get a car allowance to help me buy a car. Need it for work so has to be reliable. Had an Audi A6, Mercedes E class, both excellent cars but couldn't afford to maintain one when retired. So, looked at the Formentor and love them. Can get a 2023 V2 for around my budget of £27000. Just a bit nervous of some of the issues on various threads. An extended warranty is around £1400 for 3 years. Not sure if Cupra offer one.

un1eash

Mar 13, 2024
I'm looking for a keeper for the next few years. Hoping to retire in the next couple of years. I get a car allowance to help me buy a car. Need it for work so has to be reliable. Had an Audi A6, Mercedes E class, both excellent cars but couldn't afford to maintain one when retired. So, looked at the Formentor and love them. Can get a 2023 V2 for around my budget of £27000. Just a bit nervous of some of the issues on various threads. An extended warranty is around £1400 for 3 years. Not sure if Cupra offer one.
Buy a approved used car as they come with 2 years warranty, MOT Protect and breakdown. Ours also included a service plan for the next minor and major service.
Going by the current offers also an extended service plan including warranty can be taken out for £24 a month.

Reactions: Hhliam

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
I got a 2 year old 1.5 V2 about 2 months ago. There has been a couple of minor infotainment glitches so I spent about £30 updating the software myself to the latest version which seems to have sorted it and made it lag slightly less. Apart from that it’s been great so far and my dealer has always been great. Came included with 2 years warranty and services and after this I will take out a further warranty until the car is paid off.

Like others have said, usually only the negatives get mentioned on forums and if you can get past the minor annoyances with the infotainment system sometimes then I’m sure you will get along fine with the car.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Unless you can afford a Urus you won't see much else like it on the road either 🙂👍

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.