New Front Tyres

MDBB152

Apr 29, 2022
So booked in today for 2 new front tyres - went for Continental sport contact 7, toyed with getting Michelin but my ocd wouldn't let me have 2 Michelin on the front and 2 Continental on the rear:ROFLMAO: it‘ll be bad enough knowing I’ve got 7’s on the front and 5’s on the rear.

anybody running them?

Reactions: adam davies

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
Yep I’ve been running the Conti 7s on the front now for around 3 months. Great tyre 👍just as good as the PS4s IMO.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
I love my ps4 and running them on my 290
For 2 years now. Not a conti fan personally and don’t rate them as good, they are a great tyre but not as up there. I’ve also a mk8 GTI with Goodyear asymmetrical 6 on it and I rate them every bit as high as the Michelins

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
Yeah I would agree with you on the old variants of the Conti tyre ie the 5s and 6s.
But decided to go with the 7s, after reading reviews and wanting to try out a different brand.
I’m glad I did, not only are they cheaper than the PS4S but as I mentioned early for grip and general road handling is just as good.
The only thing I can’t comment on is the longevity of the Conti 7s
That’s one thing that the PS4S had that was far superior along with the grip to all the other tyres I’ve run on the Cupra over the years.
I.E. Goodyear F1 super sports. Uniroyal rain sports 4s or was it 5s🤔 & Conti 5s.

The Michelins PS4S would last👍

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise