New Ibiza ordered!

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
That's all really confusing - weren't you given a build week from Seat directly some time ago?

I've ordered mine a week ago today, so don't expect it be here until late June, that's what the dealership have implied. That would be about 14 weeks from date of order. We will see.

No, I've never really had a build week from the dealership (flakey info) however seat last week told me build week 12 and have confirmed that today that it's now in production

I'm quite a way past the point of taking any notice of the dealership and sticking to getting the information straight from SEAT.

It's much clearer that way

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Exactly. I was just checking the spec on a Polo and it literally is 4K more for the same. Admittedly the engines are slightly different but still - 4k for the same... Paying for a label really.

The engines are the same- it's just that the choices are a bit different through the range. The FR and Xcellence models get both the 95 and 115PS versions, while in the Polo the SEL only gets the 115 and the SE/Beats only get the 95 (the R-Line gets both). The actual engines are the exact same units.

Reactions: gojoego

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
The engines are the same- it's just that the choices are a bit different through the range. The FR and Xcellence models get both the 95 and 115PS versions, while in the Polo the SEL only gets the 115 and the SE/Beats only get the 95 (the R-Line gets both). The actual engines are the exact same units.

Aha! Cheers

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Just spoke to SEAT and my car is currently in transit to the port
Once a ship is allocated it will be heading for Grimsby before the dealership

Excited.... It's getting closer :)

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019

How many weeks has it been to today since you put the deposit down at the dealership?

Nice. So this is about 8 weeks to date since the order? That's reassuring to know if that's the case. I'm only 2 weeks in hahaha. Another 12 or so to go!! :runaway:

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
How many weeks has it been to today since you put the deposit down at the dealership?

Nice. So this is about 8 weeks to date since the order? That's reassuring to know if that's the case. I'm only 2 weeks in hahaha. Another 12 or so to go!! :runaway:

It's exactly 8 weeks since I ordered it with the dealership

Don't know how long it will be on sea but SEAT said it's roughly 1 week between docking in the UK and getting to the dealership

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Mine took a couple of weeks from docking in the UK to delivery. Arrived in the UK on the 27th Feb, delivered on the 16th March.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019

You can ask Seat customer services to let you know the name of the ship your car gets transported on so you can track it on marine traffic. My car was at Barcelona port for 2 weeks before being shipped, took 6 days to be transported to Sheerness docks in Kent and then took 2 days to get to the dealership.
The cars are great so well worth the wait.

Reactions: Barrington2k

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019

My Xcellence Lux was ordered 19th January and collected 21st March so less than 9 weeks. for you.

chris2209

Apr 19, 2016
Picked up my FR Sport 115 in eclipse orange today (ordered late January), colour looks great. I nearly bottled it with the safer red option but I'm glad I gambled on the orange, works well with the black wheels on the sport.
371bae4e1ce90d09b17aab5f0270ebe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.