New LCR owner!

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Hi all

Purchased an 03 LCR yesterday and have been made up with it so far. Car hasnt been messed with and has 82k on it but has a plush service history which i'm made up with. Came from a 350Z but have been really impressed with the power. It pulls really well low down!

Bought it from a garage called Stephen James near Warrington. Service was brilliant from them and they were great guys. Would definitely recommend them.

I used the buyers guide on here which was a great help as it helped me pick up a few faults:

Rear wiper was leaking in the boot.
Drivers side mirror wouldnt electronically close.
There was an issue with the off side light.
Crack in the windscreen.

I'm taking the car back on wednesday as they said they'd fix all the above faults and put it through a new MOT. They also gave me a 6 months warranty so should be really helpful if i come up with any more niggling faults.

Not really planning on doing any engine mods (well maybe not for the time being anyway) but i am gonna be wanting to do the following which i'm sure this forum will be able to help me with:

need a new front splitter
after some new floor mats
planning on fitting a new head unit with ipod connection
need a spare flip key
service due next month

If any one can point me in the right direction with these it'd be really helpful ;)

Also gonna give it a bloody good clean, does anyone have any tips to help with the scratched plastic on the interior?

Cheers :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Welcome to the forum mate and nice one on the purcahse, I am sure you will enjoy the car just as much as all of us on here. I have had the car two years now and still I have the same smile!

Front Splitter - Get it from any Seat dealer not that expensive (can get it on ebay but there more expensive at times so check about first)
Floor mats - Again either at a Seat dealer or ebay or custom ones. The chequered ones which people like are discontinued which is a bugger as they were really nice
Head unit - there are actually a couple for sale on the for sale section on the forum, have a look if they fit your needs

Get some pics up when you can :D

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
good purchase,

in regards the the scratched plastic, you can clear the white scratch marks using a heat gun, but id idvise with caution,

it brings plastics back and clears white scratches, better than any back to black or silicone based sprays that mask it,

you find a lot of plain plastic bumpers that go white, can be fixed in the same way, 1 sec i'll find a vid,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dtbBzky-s&feature=related

dont use this on the dashboard, its foam backed vinyl, but you'll be fine on the center console, door cards, a/b/c/pillar moulding etc,

Last edited:

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
cheers for the advice guys. Got some pics but need to get the 15 posts. Will come back once i've racked up the count.

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
spam time lol...

No dont do it, just get over interested in someones post.

i look forward to the pics

seppuku

Welcome dude - bit spooky, when I got my (05) LCR a few weeks back it had a crack in the windscreen, no floormats and the driver's side wing mirror wouldn't close in!

Like you tho my dealership sorted it all out on warranty and I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t! Enjoy the car!

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Welcome dude - bit spooky, when I got my (05) LCR a few weeks back it had a crack in the windscreen, no floormats and the driver's side wing mirror wouldn't close in!

Like you tho my dealership sorted it all out on warranty and I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t! Enjoy the car!

lets just hope that i'll be as happy as a pig in sh*t as well then! Early signs suggest i will be ;)

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Got my 15 posts so can now post pics! Gonna have a day to give it a good clean soon tho

IMG_0195.jpg

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Debatable about the best colour assumptions :p Nah car looks nice mate. Car doesnt too bad actually without the splitter at the front!!

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Cheers guys.

Just taking it in to the garage to get a few of the issues solved, rear wiper motor, crack in windscreen, door mirror and headlight.

Main plans are just cosmetic. No plans to mess with the engine just yet. Needs a
service next month tho which is going to take up my cash.

In order I want to:

floor matts
new splitter
hid kit
change interior lights to xenon White
new head unit
maybe new door speakers
refurb brembos

will no doubt take my time tho getting all this done

JamJay

California Bound
good purchase,

in regards the the scratched plastic, you can clear the white scratch marks using a heat gun, but id idvise with caution,

it brings plastics back and clears white scratches, better than any back to black or silicone based sprays that mask it,

you find a lot of plain plastic bumpers that go white, can be fixed in the same way, 1 sec i'll find a vid,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dtbBzky-s&feature=related

dont use this on the dashboard, its foam backed vinyl, but you'll be fine on the center console, door cards, a/b/c/pillar moulding etc,

I actually have a heat gun, not sure why or where from but it's destiny is now known.

I have a scratch on my glove box lid and a couple in the boot, will this method be safe there?

Any prep work involved? For example, washing down the panel to remove dash shine?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.