New LCR owner!

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
:happy: As my girlfriend is learning to drive i might just hold back on that for the time being!

Karlw, what do you think of the car so far?

Well to be honest ive had to come down to an LCR from an Evo so in terms or feel, steering, throttle response and handling its with out a doubt NO EVO but for a FWD hatch its very impressive and as a stop gap im liking it alot! It was either the LCR or a Civiv Type R and im glad i got the LCR now

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
nice car bud and good choice,
have you got any receipts with the car? only asking cos i like them angel eye headlights so was just wondering how much they cost

got loads of receipts but nothing for them. to be honest i didnt even notice that they wernt standard :blink: are they quite a common mod then? was thinking of getting a hid kit as well. would it better on these headlights with them being projectors rather than the standard reflectors?

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Well to be honest ive had to come down to an LCR from an Evo so in terms or feel, steering, throttle response and handling its with out a doubt NO EVO but for a FWD hatch its very impressive and as a stop gap im liking it alot! It was either the LCR or a Civiv Type R and im glad i got the LCR now

I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation, came from a 350Z so its not quite the same. Been quite impressed with it so far though.

I also contemplated getting a CTR, what made u go for the LCR? I prefered the looks of the LCR and never had a turbo car before so fancied a go of one. plus they're alot rarer. was a pretty close call tho in the end.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
got loads of receipts but nothing for them. to be honest i didnt even notice that they wernt standard :blink: are they quite a common mod then? was thinking of getting a hid kit as well. would it better on these headlights with them being projectors rather than the standard reflectors?

TBH i have heard stories that hids with angel eyes arent as good as hids with standard lights, but have a little search and see.
I have 6000k hids on mine and they are fantastic, but IMO i just like the look of the angel eyes, kinda modernizes the headlights a bit more as the standard ones are very dated.:D

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
can i be cheeky and ask what you paid for it? :)

paid £5,750, which is inline with with the parkers guide price. was hoping to find one for cheaper really, but wanted one with less than 100k, unmolested, in black and i couldnt really get around the country so was really struggling. They're a bloody hard car to find!

was going get a CTR if i couldnt find one so then luckily came across this. had loads of history with it and the garage i got it from was really sound (fixing all the little issues with it and gave me 6mths warranty) so i'm happy with it overall.

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
TBH i have heard stories that hids with angel eyes arent as good as hids with standard lights, but have a little search and see.
I have 6000k hids on mine and they are fantastic, but IMO i just like the look of the angel eyes, kinda modernizes the headlights a bit more as the standard ones are very dated.:D

Oh well! :( suppose they'll still look miles better than standard any who!

Only thing i dont like it the fact that the glass has gone a yellow'ish colour on them, probably just from timed exposure. dont think there's a way of solving that, just hope they dont affect the colour of the HIDs too much

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
Looks like you got yourself a nice LCR mate. Looks nice on the pics,and will finished it off once the front splitter on :)

Cheers bud. Just fitted the front splitter today, wasn't to bad, used the jack to force the 2 middle pegs in.

Tried fitting HIDs as well but fell a cropper when I realised the bulbs don't fit into my angel eye head lights. Gonna take a lot more work now to get that mod finished