new R in this months EVO

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
They went to the launch and drove it round the roads of spain.
Only a short review as they had a big review for the new megane before it.
Basically they said it rode better than the cupra was quick but was a "painting by numbers car" and the fact it looked exactly like a cupra etc was a "missed opportunity".
It got 4/5 but basically nothing spectacular about it, which sums it up really.

They said VW influence was apparent and to me I agree as it was obviously launched and not allowed to over shadow the golf and ausi with the same engine.
The "missed opportunity" says it all IMHO as said before.

The megane got 4.5/5 and they liked the special diffs etc and to be honest looknig at it compared to the R on looks alone I would go with the renault and I never thought I'd say that!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
They went to the launch and drove it round the roads of spain.
Only a short review as they had a big review for the new megane before it.
Basically they said it rode better than the cupra was quick but was a "painting by numbers car" and the fact it looked exactly like a cupra etc was a "missed opportunity".
It got 4/5 but basically nothing spectacular about it, which sums it up really.

They said VW influence was apparent and to me I agree as it was obviously launched and not allowed to over shadow the golf and ausi with the same engine.
The "missed opportunity" says it all IMHO as said before.

The megane got 4.5/5 and they liked the special diffs etc and to be honest looknig at it compared to the R on looks alone I would go with the renault and I never thought I'd say that!

i am going to test drive the renault as soon as i can , looks the muts and has a high spec , only thing putting me off is its french :blink:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Renault does indeed look nice but if I was heading into that money a nearly new 135i Coupe would be my choice of weapon. Renault looks and sounds a great car just not my cup of tea and I still prefer the Focus RS.