New Rear Torque Mount to replace dog bone mount?

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Hi,

I have just read an article posted by Revo about a torque mount you can get for MK3 Leon's. The way the article reads is that this will work the same way as a dog bone mount to reduce wheel hop but you will not have the bad side effect of additional vibration within the cabin. They are alot more expensive than the dogbone mount but if what they claim to say is true, it looks like a decent mod.

https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/free-...ue-mount/?mc_cid=7636b958af&mc_eid=2130e51faa

scroll down to the bottom and click on Seat and then MK3 Leon.

Deleted member 103408

Looks good, We are following the same trend as the MK2 now we all need pendulum mounts :)

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

Dog bone mount sorts the wheel hop issue this appears to be added to give extra protection for those who have a bit of extra umph.

I will have a chat with Revo later about this, just to get there view on if its a needed or nice to have (I suspect it depends on the extra power figure)

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Screenshot_20191007-173022_Facebook.jpg
I think it's the Lower Torque mount that is the most important mod out of the list based on what I have read. I wouldn't at the moment want to pay for all of these mods with Christmas coming up! for £41 and that would sort the issue with no extra vibrations in the cabin I would be chuffed.

Deleted member 103408

I think the £41-00 is just for the tool to replace the torque mount, you need to buy the mount £57-00 as well and normally all Revo prices are excluding VAT.

Deleted member 103408

Just to add to this and I am happy to be proved wrong but using your link

Update I have had a similar converstion with another member on here, Revo call the dog bone mount the lower torque mount, There are other people out there who are also making a Pendulum mount as well.

The pendulum appears to be the MK2, The MK3 still showing just the same lower torque mount as before (which most of us call dog bone mount).

Last edited by a moderator:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Age makes my memory cloudy... as with any modification to a car, the added power puts pressure on the next weakest component in the link. I uprated my dogbone mount for more solid uptake of clutch. But also to handle the extra torque and reduce wheel hop. On the MK2, there were claims this could actually snap the pedulum itself ... or rip the rear bolt out of the transmission stripping the thread. Therefore APR copied the MK3 design and applied it to the MK2. Strengthening the pendulum and changing the rear bush to the MK3 roller design so it doesn't rip out your gearbox. This is great for piece of mind. But Forge / Vibratechnics said "nah, we don't make pendulums as we've never seen one snap". But, believe what you will on forums :whistle:

CEzz268.jpg

Deleted member 103408

well for completeness this is the MK3 Setup as @jacko.2 said he has an upgraded Pendulum if memory servers me correctly it was teh APR One.

example.jpg

Reactions: Legojon
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.