Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The order books for the New SEAT Ateca and CUPRA Ateca have today opened, with both models more highly specified than ever and at a lower price point than the outgoing models.

Customers can new purchase a new SEAT Ateca SE 1.0 TSI manual from £23,670 on the road, with the 300PS 2.0 TSI CUPRA Ateca available from £39,050.

Expected to be the most popular model, the 1.5-litre TSI 150PS SE Technology, costs less than the outgoing model, now £26,355, as well as benefitting from more technology as standard, including connected navigation and wireless charging for smart devices.

The introduction of the Xperience trim, replacing Xcellence, brings not only a more robust visual presence but also a lower cost comparatively versus the previous model.

Prices start from £27,750 for the Xperience trim, which comes packed with technology and comfort features.

“The Ateca started the SUV charge from SEAT and it has been transformative, not only increasing sales but also introducing...

Continue reading...

Reactions: iScoTT29

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Can anyone find the pdf brochure with UK prices? I cant find it on the seat website at all. I've emailed my dealer to send it over but still waiting on them getting back to me.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah I seen the list prices on the article. I am hoping the brochure gives us the prices for optional extras etc. Hopefully the brochure appears soon! Cheers(y)

'Brochure' here:

click on New Ateca. As is the way with SEAT these days, no options apart from spare wheel, sunroof and tow prep.

Reactions: Tell and iScoTT29

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
'Brochure' here:

click on New Ateca. As is the way with SEAT these days, no options apart from spare wheel, sunroof and tow prep.
Thanks for that. Having looked through the pdf I find it incredible that the FR model doesnt get the digital cockpit, you need to get the Fr Sport for it... :cautious:

Tell

Staff member
'Brochure' here:

Probably have to have the Cupra top spec to get the lot. It's only a Seat UK thing, Germany all the goodies are there. Think it's a consequence of Brexit, currency shift and how Brits fund their cars. Even if paying cash you get to buy one designed for fleet PCP transactions where the vehicle belongs to Seat finance. Off the peg although the factory can make them to order. Other countries they do. One advantage is you can get a car quickly if they happen to have them built. The Seat stores, ones at either end of the M25 can drop their hands on vehicles that your average dealer can't. Miffs them.

Also peeving is the news on VCDS that its being heavily controlled on VAG cars, the 2020 ones and on. So you can't assume you can turn stuff on now which is latent. Least traffic sign recognition is coming back into vogue now so that's on some of the new Leons and Atecas. ODIS is the only way to program Ateca 2020 / Leon 4s. You can still do diagnostics with VCDS but VAG have been busy slamming the door shut on programming for the user. Google sfd protection against the tool of your choice to find out more.

Anyhow I see the Cupra had the 3D navigation display, build code ZN2 with SD mentioned, basically reproducing what UK Cupra's had with the top of the range unit but in mib3 form now. That's means you got SD slot(s) for music. The standard unit ZN1 on non Cupra Ateca's will be like the one on Leon 4s. Distinct lack of anything showing in the glove box since they are also SSD based now but don't have an SD card reader from what I can see, unless anyone finds it (dealer hadnt'). Means that USB-C may get a bit busy on the standard Ateca if you play your music that way what with any charging duties as well. Cupra's get the best spec. Both use Here Maps cartography same download. Standard was always ropey in how it was executed on roundabout turns. Whether the two units use the same software now on that bit, unknown, you would think so.

Last edited:

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Went to my local dealer today to price up PCP on the new Ateca Fr Sport, 1.5 150bhp DSG. The lowest they could get to is £360 a month which is way more than I am willing to pay. I want to be paying max £300 a month, currently I only pay £250 for my leon MK3. It seems that SEAT are no longer the 'budget' brand of the VAG group as I've had a price of £310 a month for a brand new Audi Q3 S-Line with the same engine. Today has been very dissappoint as I was so looking forward to getting the new Ateca but its not worth the extra £110 a month to me thats for sure.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Went to my local dealer today to price up PCP on the new Ateca Fr Sport, 1.5 150bhp DSG. The lowest they could get to is £360 a month which is way more than I am willing to pay. I want to be paying max £300 a month, currently I only pay £250 for my leon MK3. It seems that SEAT are no longer the 'budget' brand of the VAG group as I've had a price of £310 a month for a brand new Audi Q3 S-Line with the same engine. Today has been very dissappoint as I was so looking forward to getting the new Ateca but its not worth the extra £110 a month to me thats for sure.

PCP is usually more expensive than leasing, is that an option for you?

Tell

Staff member

If it was a like for like comparison you would have to put the exchange rate shift in. I reckon that will have upped prices to keep the same profit margins. Probably dropped profit margins to keep market share. The segmentation into product range you would think would reduce costs making the same, than user choice. Forces us who want the extras to have the bling of the Cupra :rolleyes:.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
If it was a like for like comparison you would have to put the exchange rate shift in. I reckon that will have upped prices to keep the same profit margins. Probably dropped profit margins to keep market share. The segmentation into product range you would think would reduce costs making the same, than user choice. Forces us who want the extras to have the bling of the Cupra :rolleyes:.

It's also worth shopping around, some dealers offer better deals, worth trying our sponsors at Letchworth of course @Karla

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Unfortunately I dont want to consider leasing. I am more than happy at this point to keep my MK3 leon. I have tried another local dealer who said it would be £424 a month which totally crazy imo. I'll give Letchworth a message however, I feel SEAT have outpriced themsleves. These prices are on par with a VW tiguan or Audi Q3 so why get a SEAT the 'budget brand'?

Tell

Staff member
But are those new make over models ?. This is where Seat UK central team told me in 2016 don't expect discounts so soon... 9-12 months as I recall. Probably got that going on as well, paying the privilege of a new model and the Pound / Euro shift in what you are paying at the minute.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
My local dealer has let me know they expect the new Ateca in their showroom in three weeks time! I'm hoping to book a test drive even though the price isnt right just now.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Last edited:

Dunkelmann

Apr 14, 2018
Muxton, Shropshire
I ordered a DSG Xperience about a week or so ago but have yet to get a build date.

A downside with the facelift is, with no SD card, how will savvy owners update the maps?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I ordered a DSG Xperience about a week or so ago but have yet to get a build date.

A downside with the facelift is, with no SD card, how will savvy owners update the maps?
My understanding was the maps would be updated via the car itself with its online functionality but I could be horrible wrong ?

Tell

Staff member

Answer a learning curve ;).

I did post some thoughts up on the big Navigation thread.

The manual provides a way to import the maps. If it's implemented on the standard system which isn't the high you do this via USB-C. You can get an adaptor that convert standard USB to USB-C. You could try that with music on a USB stick. The mib3 map updates for the standard and high systems Is a common file and you can find them on the VW web site under 2019 or 2020 Passat. It's the same file now and they use Here Maps cartography.

At the minute thou when I sat in a Leon 4 I didn't find the map upload menu but then the engine was off. May be it needs the engine on and a stick in with the map on it.

The other question is whether the map updates are now common between brands ?. As far as a workaround is concerned similar to the mib2 standard, there is a signature in the Passat file. If that's the same as mib2 high then it will be locked down from editing. If thats the case then its the retrofit approach as mib2 high if it still uses FeCs if retrofitters work out how to do it.

You can mannually crank the handle to check the signature with existing public VAG keys which are common across brands. Building up the energy to do that although I suspect it's fully locked down. I did do this with assorted mib2 high map files and the POI upload file. Needs a clear head and time. Have to get back up to speed on that, it just proves that the VW public works on the files. I found the public keys online and picked a reverse engineering site to cover what a poster on that site had missed out. They were working with a VW unit. The public keys are common, the process simulates what the unit does when it reads the data and says, yes that's fine import it if the navigation FEC allows it. Downside to generate the key you need the private key. I've never found it. I did post up the process.

So if that's an SHA-1 signature hash file it would confirm it's locked down via that method. They might have upped their level of protection thou and that handle checking method wouldn't work so wouldn't confirm anything.

Seat often uses old maps so it would be interesting to confirm whether the system recognises the VW mib3 maps. The online updates in the car update on a patch work basis. The "cog" method (which I didn't find on the screens yet) would do a complete update like the mib2 high import.

I guess that owners of these cars won't be bothered until the first year of free online map updates run out.

Another thing that needs checking is the POI upload. It was still present in mib2.5, whether it's in mib3, I don't know. I don't have this unit. So needs an owner of mib3 to look for it in the menus. We now know that if it doesn't recognise the POI upload then you exam a firmware update. If any new unit ID is not in Poinspector it will be in the firmware update. That's how the mib2 standard WiFi unit one was eventually found. So that's another loose end. We'd get Radas the programmer of Poinspector to put that in if it's the case.

Learning experience with mib3 is quite early as VAG has rolled mib3 out this year on a major scale with just the Passat in 2019. Possibly a test year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunkelmann

Deleted member 121768

Unfortunately I dont want to consider leasing. I am more than happy at this point to keep my MK3 leon. I have tried another local dealer who said it would be £424 a month which totally crazy imo. I'll give Letchworth a message however, I feel SEAT have outpriced themsleves. These prices are on par with a VW tiguan or Audi Q3 so why get a SEAT the 'budget brand'?

Hi there,

Just want to make sure you were able to get the information you needed from us and if we can help you further?