New Seat iPod connection

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Does anyone know any more than the (non existent) info on the Seat website about the new optional iPod kit?
Questions that spring to mind include which versions of iPod are supported, does it charge the iPod, does the radio show track info (really hope so - if as the pics show the iPod is mounted in the box under passenger seat, navigation of tracks is going to be fun!), will it put the iPod to standby/start it up as required etc. etc.

Anyone with more info (better still practical experience!) able to help?
:)

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
I was wonder similar things about the mp3 cd format, how can you layout the disc, can tracks be in folders? do all tracks have to be in the root of the disc? do the mp3 tags show up on the display,

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Apparently it does exactly the same thing as the one that goes in the glove box. We were advised not to get it as it meant around a 12 week wait, whilst we could have the one in the glovebox fitted on delivery next week.

barnabus

spyke85 said:
Apparently it does exactly the same thing as the one that goes in the glove box. We were advised not to get it as it meant around a 12 week wait, whilst we could have the one in the glovebox fitted on delivery next week.

or get an FR, then you get aux-in so you can plug your ipod through the car stereo system with the help of a handy jack input next to the lighter

barnabus

Carnivor said:
I was wonder similar things about the mp3 cd format, how can you layout the disc, can tracks be in folders? do all tracks have to be in the root of the disc? do the mp3 tags show up on the display,

yes, no and yes

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
barnabus said:
or get an FR, then you get aux-in so you can plug your ipod through the car stereo system with the help of a handy jack input next to the lighter

Yeah but you lose the ability to charge (the iPod connector kit does that right?). Is it meant to display the tracks on the ipod on the dash too? Dunno too much about how ipod connectors work.

For 130 quid it should do all that, does anyone know if it does (or if other systems in VWs or Audis do?)

T4Z

For you to have the info displayed, and charge it and lock the iPod out so you can only activate/use it thru the steering wheel controls or the radio itself, you need a dension iPod kit!

Hope this helps

guyb

I have the factory fit IPOD connection in my car... it is a dension icelink. Its not fitted in the factory either... in the dealership.

Pretty sure it supports all version of IPOD. I know for a definite fact it supports minis, 3G, 4G and also the video one as they ahve all been used.

It charges the IPOD

The radio does not show track info which I was a little disappointed at... Im hoping there maybe some way of doing it but I am yet to do the research.

Mine is in the glove box. Apparently Seat will not mount as it is too dangerous.

It uses the first 5 playlists from your ipod and allows you to change them by the radio-presets buttons on the left hand side. So you have to memorise those.

Strangely it seems to be on standby all the time. The ipod always shows an "OK to disconnect" whenver not in use or when in use. Hasnt hurt so far just removing it when driving.

To be honest its not a s good as I'd hoped but you find ways around it!!

Hope ths helps!

Guy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise