New SEAT Toledo IV leaked!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEATCupradotnet: New SEAT Toledo leaked!

More at SEATCupra.net...

main.php

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Not really - the Exeo is the next class up from the Toledo sized car

This is the gap that is the Octavia (a proper big hatchback) and the basis for a Leon Estate (ST)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Maybe...

The more I look at the Mission L the more I'm wondering if it shares the same panels - look at the front wing

Skoda-Mission-L-2.jpg

Maybe it'll just be new lights front & rear and the bonnet / boot & grill that changes between the two?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hopefully not. Seat should be individual in their designs, not sharing parts with Skoda who generally have a different fan base. Saying that, the Skoda does look smart.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT want to recreate Skoda's success of course so will be looking towards their winning formula. Certainly in this segment. SEAT will still work their magic on the handling etc.

The new ibiza Fr looks great. Liking the Toledo, have much hope for the Leon. :)

Scott

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
First SEAT in the MQB format, the new A3 will launch at Geneva too which is supposed to be the first production ready MQB model. But this new car looks much more finished than a prototype.

Intrigued by what I see so far, would like to know more about available trim levels, engines and when it is likely to hit our shores. Already looking for my next motor, but nothing out there quite yet fits my needs, budget and tastes.

Roll on Geneva and some detailed info.

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
Always thought the Mission would become the next Toledo. Hate to be a doom-monger, but I reckon this is bad news for the Exeo, since the new Toledo will no doubt have the same range of powerplants and be pretty close on interior space. Maybe that's the reason why SEAT have never really got behind promoting the Exeo. When did you last see an ad for one?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I don't think they are done with the Exeo platform, its had a recent refresh and the Exeo was always intended to be a stop gap model. Get them quickly into the fray with good quality product and attack the fleet market, which they have been doing with gusto.

Toledo is a smaller car than Exeo and I don't see it as a replacement, I believe it to be just part of a wider product expansion, which they badly need to do and Muir (SEAT boss) has expressed as much over the past 18 months or so that they need to expand their product offerings.

Leon will join it in due course with a Sport Coupe 3 door, 5 door hatchback and an ST estate to sit alongside the Ibiza with its recent refresh. Skoda's Mission L has just given them the opportunity to platform share and bring another new product to their ageing mid range family sector ahead of the Leon.

I think the IBL concept was a nod that SEAT intend to develop a more bespoke SEAT product to replace the Exeo in due course, probably based on the Passat/A4 I'd guess within the next 12-18 months. Bearing in mind the recently touted MQB platform allows them to build cars with both longer and shorter wheelbases than the Toledo/Leon all from a similar range of parts.

http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1314&Itemid=1

Last edited:

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
By saying the Exeo is a different class to the toledo is ignoring how car releases work, has no one noticed that with each subsequent release a car gets bigger? The polo is now the size of a golf 10 years ago. The Vectra B was similar in size to a Toledo, but the Vectra C was definitely bigger, a 3 series is now considerably bigger than an E36 was. Saying that, they are still all C sector cars.

That said, the toledo was the Seat flagship, the exeo assumed that role and therefore became the Toledo mk IV in spirit, any new toledo is muddying the waters, two very similar sized cars from Seat would do no good to the sale of either, and how would the price fit in as well?

Its an ugly car IMO too, so hopefully doesn't get released, looks to Japanese and out of place with the rest of the range.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
By saying the Exeo is a different class to the toledo is ignoring how car releases work, has no one noticed that with each subsequent release a car gets bigger? The polo is now the size of a golf 10 years ago. The Vectra B was similar in size to a Toledo, but the Vectra C was definitely bigger, a 3 series is now considerably bigger than an E36 was. Saying that, they are still all C sector cars.

That said, the toledo was the Seat flagship, the exeo assumed that role and therefore became the Toledo mk IV in spirit, any new toledo is muddying the waters, two very similar sized cars from Seat would do no good to the sale of either, and how would the price fit in as well?

Its an ugly car IMO too, so hopefully doesn't get released, looks to Japanese and out of place with the rest of the range.

Think of this as a Jetta and the Exeo as a Passat.
Or A Focus Saloon vs Mondeo.

I'm glad to see that SEAT have finally realised that honeycomb grilles are the ways forward, and that the steering wheel controls are on the wheel and not a stupid stalk like the ibiza, though I guess that is more Skodas choice as the interior is identical to the Mission L.

I think the front would look a lot better with darker headlights and some LED DRLs

Last edited:

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
Think of this as a Jetta and the Exeo as a Passat.
Or A Focus Saloon vs Mondeo.

I'm glad to see that SEAT have finally realised that honeycomb grilles are the ways forward, and that the steering wheel controls are on the wheel and not a stupid stalk like the ibiza, though I guess that is more Skodas choice as the interior is identical to the Mission L.

I think the front would look a lot better with darker headlights and some LED DRLs

In my view that comparison doesn't work, the Exeo is a c segment sedan, so is/was the Toledo. The A4, which is effectively an Exeo, is also a C segment sedan.

Ah I see now, it seems goal posts are being moved, the Exeo is a D segment, as is the Passat and Mondeo, I just assumed they were C, as they were similar in size to a C class Merc, but now they are all growing it has moved on, so ironically, mercs own C class, is no longer a C segment car itself as they have all got fat.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
The classes are all mixed up nowadays anyway. Used to be supermini>family car>repmobile>executive car. Now you've got city cars below the not so mini superminis, crossovers and other things which have no real label. I like this concept, was hoping for a Leon MK3 concept, but never mind. :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was going to do some clever overlay with PS
No need though
421009_10150561057061008_111762091007_9225780_631670299_n.jpg

Skoda-MissionL_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Bumpers, bonnet are different

Otherwise identical doors, front wing, profile, mirrors etc

It'll be interesting to see how these pan out, and where they're made - because like the Mii/Up!/Citigo the economies will be where they're made side by side

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Gets a thumbs up from me.
Fingers crossed for the Leon styling.

Who's going to be brave enough to photoshop a Leon rear end on to the new Tolly?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members