New Shocks / Springs - Advice Needed!

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
My Cupra has covered 45K & it sounds like the front shocks/springs are groaning & a bit clunky over bumps.

Weighing up the options whether to replace with OEM shocks/springs or whether to get a "sports" suspension kit.

The Koni kits seem good value but I want to keep it simple & don't feel the need for adjustable shocks, also I'm not particularly interesting in lowering the car but it seems all of these kits drop the car by about 30mm.

Am I better off replacing just the front shocks / springs / top mounts with OEM SEAT equipment(any ideas on cost?) ? or should I go with an after market kit?

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
I would very much doubt that your shocks and springs are knackered after 45k mate. I would however suggest that your ARB bushes, and maybe your wishbone bushes could be fecked and need replacing. Do you get knocking when you go over speed bumps etc?

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
You need FSD's http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/koni/fsd.html

Use your existing springs, but get the benefit of the improved damping.
it'll be well worth replacing top mounts while you're there (there will be no extra labour)

Seriously thinking of FSD’s, Awesome say they don’t recommend more than 15mm drop in ride height with these on the LCR.

Is it feasible to cut the OEM springs by this amount as I can’t see this affecting the spring rate.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.