New Weitec Coilovers PICTURES

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Just got a new set of Weitec HICON GTN's from Euro Performance £310ish Delivered, New topmounts from VW Spares, new bearings from GSF and everything got here last friday.

When the set came i was quite impressed by the apparent quality for the price. For anyone who doesnt know, the GTN's are coilovers on the front and springs and dampers with adjustable spring seats on the back.

The fronts were fairly easy to fit, at least after a good soaking of the bottom bolts in WD40. The rears were a peice of cake to fit, one bolt at the bottom and a couple of nuts at the top mount. after a few hours of work and a few cuts and scratches later they were fitted.

They were very, very loy to start with, like 20mm ground clearance. after alot of work getting the car of the drive (which is very steep) i took it for a drive. the back seemed very bouncy so i took it back to have a look. it became apparent that the rear top mounts weren't fitted properly AT ALL! so i sorted them and raised the front by about 15mm and took it for another blast.

Result - Very pleased! the ride was good, harder and bumpier than standard - obviously, but good and definately copable with! the handling was extremely improved, very little body roll compared to standard and less understeer (but still more than i would like due to S**T tires).

Conclusion - Impressive suspension option for a decent price, pretty adjustable (the rears have got 5, 10mm increments but need to be taken off to adjust, fronts take about 5 mins to jack up, whack the weel off and adjust).

P.S. Apologies for the long post. (Mods. please move if there's a better place for this)

James.

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Nice mate. sounds good!

Kind of a pig though that the back has to come off to adjust...means you gotta set it right once and leave it like that...

Anyway, you say handling is better, wait until you get it realined and camber adjusted.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Nice mate. sounds good!

Kind of a pig though that the back has to come off to adjust...means you gotta set it right once and leave it like that...

Anyway, you say handling is better, wait until you get it realined and camber adjusted.

I know, it is a bit, its probably still only a half an hour job to do the back though.

Yeah i know, im going to get it to a height im happy with then its off for a full geometry :)

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Snow Pictures

Noticed I hadn't put any pictures of my new suspension and pressed plates on here yet so I thought I might as well make the most of the snow and get some shots up here, Excuse the mucky car:

DSCF7096.jpg

DSCF7100.jpg

DSCF7102.jpg

DSCF7112.jpg

DSCF7120.jpg

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :D
James.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
i was going to buy these but was told that they arent actually a full coil over kit. AMD essex told me that the rears are not proper coil overs and that the AP's are the ones to go for. They do look dam nice on your motor though, and am sure after they bed in they'll drop even more! :D

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
i was going to buy these but was told that they arent actually a full coil over kit. AMD essex told me that the rears are not proper coil overs and that the AP's are the ones to go for. They do look dam nice on your motor though, and am sure after they bed in they'll drop even more! :D

Nah mate there not, there just a damper with an adjustable spring plate on the back, not as good as all round coilovers but the quality of them is fantastic.

I hope it drops because its like a bloody dragster at the moment, far too high at the back.

Cheers matey :D, fancying an LCR splitter but i think its probably a waste of 20 quid with the combination of coilovers and a steep drive.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh they come from the same factory as KW so top quality kit! Im the same, im not going to waste 20quid on a splitter as i have a ramp when i drive up my drive way and i just know one day im going to hear that sound of shattering plastic :doh:

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Yeh they come from the same factory as KW so top quality kit! Im the same, im not going to waste 20quid on a splitter as i have a ramp when i drive up my drive way and i just know one day im going to hear that sound of shattering plastic :doh:

I know yeah I looked around before i bought it and you really couldnt get a better quality kit for just under £300, perfect for me. and the handling is spot on.

Literally though my drive is so steep, im having to park on the road tonight incase i can't get off in the morning because of the snow.

the back seemed very bouncy so i took it back to have a look. it became apparent that the rear top mounts weren't fitted properly AT ALL! so i sorted them and raised the front by about 15mm and took it for another blast.

That is same with mine. I have changed the suspension so many times before but these coilovers don't seem right. I will have to have a look at mine again.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow

Your right the rear aren't full coilovers, but thats because he bought the GTN's which are the most basic of coilover kits they do. Need to get GT's or TX for full on coilovers.

Your car looks a bit low to me, but each to their own, i've been there myself.

cuprachrissy

Ha, yeah, be nicer if the same could be said of the back too! dragster 'aint a good look if im honest.

Yours looks pretty damn low from the old picture, i must say!

lol yer that was when i was going around brands hatch, mine is quite low, the bottom of my front bumper feels like it has a beard with all the scraping lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members