newbie quick shift help

Gez110

Hi Guys,

Just fitted a forge quick shift, i followed the fitting instructions and all seemed well until the test drive.

It is now very difficult to change from 5th to 6th. I can go from 4th to 6th with ease. Having re fitted the original part all gears now work as before.

Any ideas, could I have fitted the quick shift incorrectly?

Cheers

Gez

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
make sure the new shifter fits exactly flush with the top of the splines. i had similar trouble to you and refitting it making it dead level with the splines sorted it out.

Gez110

make sure the new shifter fits exactly flush with the top of the splines. i had similar trouble to you and refitting it making it dead level with the splines sorted it out.

I did try adjusting the gear cable fixing pin but this made no difference (other than the amount of throw). A fresh start might help!

I'll try again tomorrow, thanks guys.

Cheers

Steve

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
how did you get the gear cable off the shifter. iv undone the 10mm bolt in the center so the shifter is out but now cant get the cable with the ball and socket joint on the end off. is there a trick to it

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
ahhh i see. shame you didnt reply sooner id of tried that first. nevermind brut force and ignorance seemed to work in the end anyway. great lil mod this.