no boost, help!

cupra 1.8turbo

hi, i bought cupra last week, when i got it, it was boostin between 20-25 psi, but now it only goes upto 0 psi, i also have the engine management light on along with the traction control light, any1 have any ideas??? cheers

cupra 1.8turbo

might sound silly, but is that the connector on the air intake pipe? if so i've unplugged it and it makes no difference on idle but i didn't drive it,

motty_90

Jul 28, 2009
Ashby De La Zouch
Yes it plugs into the tip pipe. might be worth taking it for a drive with it unpluged. have you checked to see if there's any intercooler hoses off?

cupra 1.8turbo

ill go and give it a go and look for any loose hoses,

cupra 1.8turbo

un-plugged it, it made no difference, all the pipes r connected, n75?

cupra 1.8turbo

the person i bought the car off plugged it in last night, he is posting the results on here as we speak, in the mean time ill try cleanin the plug,

cupra 1.8turbo

fuse 8 had blown and the wire to the n75 had broke, so i repaired the wire and the traction control light went out, but its still running 0psi of boost, , any ideas????? the codes are in the vag com section, posted by benny,

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Its the 0psi thats confusing me, even with the n75 unplugged it should still boost on actuator pressure IE ~12psi.

The last time i saw 0psi was when i ended up with a washer trapped in the turbine of an old k03s after fitting and exhaust manifold about 2 years ago.

If you get chance before i see you tommrow try and take the turbo intake pipe off the coller of the turbo and make sure the turbine is still spinning freely with next to no movment in the shaft of the turbine.

cupra 1.8turbo

replaced fuse and rapaired broken wire to n75, disconnected battery for 20 mins, all the lights have gone off but still no boost,

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Yeh check the actuator rod on the turbo has'nt come completely loose. Happened to me on my k03S and I could'nt work out how I had no boost what so ever, until i noticed that, just ziltch. Sounded like a 1.2 12v.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.