No one porting Chinafold due to quality issues.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hello chaps

Having trouble getting the information I need.

I was looking into getting a Chinafold ported and matched to a AET 380 hybrid literally only because my K04 is nearly 15 years old and it's bound to fail soon but I spoke to JNL Racing and they no longer port due to the casts and collectors being "atrocious quality".

I have ran a Relentless V3 for 7 years now that was strengthened by AKS Tuning. As far as I'm aware the Pro 4 was ported but Pro 3 wasn't. I spoke to JNL and they said I could probably port the flange and use the relentless?...

Tbh seems like there's no options left now for the hybrid route. I literally have no interest throwing big money at a big turbo build. Hybrid will be completely fine. It's running 309 bhp on base stage 2 R Tech map as it is so it's not slow.

So what do I do? I have to check turbo as it's getting old. Only option is just getting it rebuilt but ideally be nice to have another 30 bhp with the AET 380.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hello chaps

Having trouble getting the information I need.

I was looking into getting a Chinafold ported and matched to a AET 380 hybrid literally only because my K04 is nearly 15 years old and it's bound to fail soon but I spoke to JNL Racing and they no longer port due to the casts and collectors being "atrocious quality".

I have ran a Relentless V3 for 7 years now that was strengthened by AKS Tuning. As far as I'm aware the Pro 4 was ported but Pro 3 wasn't. I spoke to JNL and they said I could probably port the flange and use the relentless?...

Tbh seems like there's no options left now for the hybrid route. I literally have no interest throwing big money at a big turbo build. Hybrid will be completely fine. It's running 309 bhp on base stage 2 R Tech map as it is so it's not slow.

So what do I do? I have to check turbo as it's getting old. Only option is just getting it rebuilt but ideally be nice to have another 30 bhp with the AET 380.

Does badger 5 offer ported China folds?

Last time i was poking around on their website i swore I saw it. Possibly a part of a big hybrid kit as well to hit 400hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
No mate he stopped a while ago. Even has the sentence highlighted on his online shop.

So can I take the Relentless off to get ported to the 380 or will I be asking for trouble?

JNL say there's prob not much to port anyways.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Theres a Chinafold for sale on eBay and (I'm not technically minded whatsoever) but I asked him a few questions about the Mani and he has gone all quiet so maybe ppl are binning off the Chinafolds due to the latest batch quality issues?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
That’s a bit crap as I was looking to get a bit more power doing rods mani and hybrid in the next 6 months.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I will have a look around for a higher flow cast manifold here in Germany I’m sure somebody makes it as I got my k03S high flow cast manifold also here in Germany

Reactions: Scotty_b

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Yeh you have the JBS (which I have heard not one positive about), then you have the PRO4 Relentless and then the Chinafold. The way JNL were going into so much detail just means the latest lot are horrific which further determines probably why Badger 5 stopped doing them.

For me personally I think this car suits the 350 bhp bracket and yes, you can get a big turbo and dial it back so it's effortless power, but I'm not interested in further modifications of engine etc etc. So in my application this car will only ever be a hybrid. And that's only cos my stock one is soooo old now it must need changing. Or something must be teetering on failure.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Could be worth finding a supplier and doing a group buy?

I’m sure APR made one as well?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The relentless are still available, aren’t they?
Less than £400 if BJ I remember last time I looked.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The relentless are still available, aren’t they?
Less than £400 if BJ I remember last time I looked.

All I’ve read about relentless 4 is that the fitment is terrible and hence why people went chinafold?

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
What mods are you running? I was under the impression that a k04 LCR maxed out at around 285 Bhp. And that's figures from R-Tech themselves. Just interested how your pushing 309 Bhp on a 15 year old stock k04 is all.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
What mods are you running? I was under the impression that a k04 LCR maxed out at around 285 Bhp. And that's figures from R-Tech themselves. Just interested how your pushing 309 Bhp on a 15 year old stock k04 is all.

Depends on car and mods. Yes.
Mine produced 283 brake and we had to stop there as the torque was getting close to rod bending. ( new KO4 )
Car had little more to give.
Some do hit 300 with a mani.
Depends on state of car.

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Depends on car and mods. Yes.
Mine produced 283 brake and we had to stop there as the torque was getting close to rod bending. ( new KO4 )
Car had little more to give.
Some do hit 300 with a mani.
Depends on state of car.

Ah ok. I see, so it's more than likely an aggressive map right on the limits. With a little bit of happy dyno numbers added on to make R-Tech look better :D

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
That's 309 "with ease" according to Niki at R Tech.

I have rods, Relentless 3, 550cc injectors as well as usual stage 2 mods. Have WMI now too but didn't have back when it was mapped.

Reactions: Sparkie

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
That makes more sense. When you said "Base stage 2" I assumed you were talking about a standard, if not mild stage 2. I was wondering why they'd push it that far without rods and even if they did you'd be out of idc's on the bam injectors anyway. Having Rods and 550's makes perfect sense.

What you have is more like a Stage 2 plus, factoring in your supporting mods. And It's a nice figure. I bet it goes like **** off a shovel.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.