Noisy fuel pump

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
Just started in the last couple of days,its strange i dont understand.does it make a noise when its on its way out or could it be something else?

im 99% sure it fuel pump aswell as i had the back seat up and its underneath the black plastic circle with the 3screws in thats under the rear bench.

if its gone is it worth upgrading it or just swap like for like?

Luke.

JU5 2 SLY

Mike
Dec 12, 2006
Slough
Sounds like your pump is struggling this could be due to a blockage. Try changing the fuel filter, your filter may be blocked or dirty.
I had a similar problem. Has your car gone into limp mode or lacking in performance? When this happened to me I changed the filter and reset the fault code, but it came back again. In the end I found out that the fuel pressure going to the FPR was way too high. This was because for some weired reason the FPR got clogged up, not sure with what as I always fill up with v-power. Anyway, I changed the FPR and the filter again and after resetting the fault codes the car was back to normal and I've had no probs since.
Get it checked out as soon as you can as I can imagine if you drive on it for a while you may knacker ur fuel pump...a bit more pricey.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
uel filter changed few months back and theres no codes and no limp mode.ill whip pressure regulator off 2moro ive got flat battery now so its in kitchen charging.