Noisy Wiper Blades - solved

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I picked up my Ateca at 6 months and 4k miles old. It was a drizzly day, and I had a 200 mile journey back. Most of the time the auto-wipers were on intermittent. And most of the time, as the sweep started, there would be a squawk from the bldes as thet started up. YEsterday, finally, I replaced them with my favoured Bosch blades and the result was blessed silence as the wipers operated. I was going to change the rear too, for good measure, but I only had a set of blades meant for an Audi A3, and although the fronts came with multiple fixing options, the rear came as a click-in, which is different to the SEAT which required a slide-in as per the fronts. New rear on order from the snappily named Wiperblades.co.uk.

Reactions: Tell

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
I picked up my Ateca at 6 months and 4k miles old. It was a drizzly day, and I had a 200 mile journey back. Most of the time the auto-wipers were on intermittent. And most of the time, as the sweep started, there would be a squawk from the bldes as thet started up. YEsterday, finally, I replaced them with my favoured Bosch blades and the result was blessed silence as the wipers operated. I was going to change the rear too, for good measure, but I only had a set of blades meant for an Audi A3, and although the fronts came with multiple fixing options, the rear came as a click-in, which is different to the SEAT which required a slide-in as per the fronts. New rear on order from the snappily named Wiperblades.co.uk.
I must do this too. From the word go in the first rain that I drove our new Ateca in last year, the wipers just dragged, juddered and squeaked across the windscreen. The rear is fine though.

Tell

Staff member
Bosch designed the modular ones and the mechanism... I reckon the Altea was the first Seat to get them rather than the usual flappy bit of rubber. They retracted vertical into the pillars. Now all of the modern Seats get the modular design on front and back. I didn't have any problems with them in my Altea keeping with them for 12 years so continued with Bosch for the Ateca (17 years now on Bosch 🤗). The rear ones are quite common to Seat / Skoda / VW models.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Are these the ones you bought? They look different to those on my 2020 Ateca.

cupraatecastu

Jun 29, 2020

The Bosch A864s fitted my 2019 Ateca, and work really well, far better than what were on there originally.

Tell

Staff member

Rafletcher has the pre face lifted Cupra Ateca unless they have changed it... research has shown they are the same Bosch blades after FL. A864S fitted on 2020- facelifted as pre facelifted. The Bosch site is a bit useless on this at the minute but Europarts site has same.

Had a thread.😉.

Covers front and rear serial number. Note for LHD it's A863S

RHD A864S <- (UK, Ireland, Australia and NZ)

Rear A282H <-

Fila

Sep 28, 2021
The stealer recommended I get new blades, so I bought Bosch. Far superior and no squeaks

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Forgot to mention, the price using wiperblades.co.uk were good at a little under £30 for the front Bosch pair (A864S). Before I orderd them I thought I'd just check Amazon.

Pleased I did - £21 delivered. Can't recall the name of the seller, but if anyone wants to know I'll dig out the receipt.

Tell

Staff member
Obviously you check out the sponsor first.... cough, I got mine from Amazon as well just checking my orders. Been getting them from there for the last 10 years, Altea before 🤔. Prior to that on trips to Germany when the modular ones as these are use to be very expensive in the UK. That was a Bosch service centre that use to get them in for me, German precision. I'd email and pick them up the next day in Trier.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.