*Non-Seat* Project Money Saver... Bora TDI Highline

We guys, as most of you know already i am going to be a dad before the year is out, so with day to day running costs of the Leon crippling my bank balance and making it almost impossible to save any money....... Project money saver has been born.

here we have the replacement.

WP_000051.jpg

WP_000052.jpg

The Boring Bora

Current spec (as of 14/07/11)

2005 VW Bora TDI
Full Highline spec (heated leather, cruise control, auto wipers, auto dimming rear mirror, parking sensors etc etc)
PD130 engine with some sort of economy remap on it, estimated at 165bhp+
Decat pipe
Custom stainless steel backbox with hidden pipe
Green Cotton Panel filter
Uprated Dogbone mount
Lowered 40mm
Standard 16" Alloys finished in Black
Tinted Windows
Shortened Antenna
Oettinger Front Grill with Black Badge
Boot Spoiler
Rear diffuser finished in Gloss Black

To Do List:
Fix the intermittently faulty cruise control if cheap to do (told its the clutch position switch and its a cheap fix)
Upgrade the remap to Jabbasport Stage 1 (175-180bhp)
Shortened drop links
Coilovers (unsure on which ones yet)
17" or 18" Wheels
Then kick back and enjoy (unless my numbers are up on the Euromillions)

Wish List:
Jabbasport stage 2 (FMIC, TBE, pd150 Hybrid turbo, Jabbasport stage2 software)
Sachs clutch / SMF setup with an LSD of some description
18" AMG Monoblocks
4motion Front splitter & Rear diffuser
Mk4 R32 Leather Interior

Last edited:
Fitted the 18" Gloss Black RS4 alloys that were off my LCR

WP_000058.jpg

Had the car go for a full valet and machine polish on Friday. Got to say the guys at SWC Valeting in Ardrossan have done a cracking job. pics of the car all uber shiney

WP_000065.jpg

WP_000066.jpg

WP_000067.jpg

WP_000068.jpg

WP_000061.jpg

and some obligotary reflection shots

WP_000063.jpg

WP_000064.jpg

i'm very very happy with the results

also purchased some LED sidelights to upgrade the horrible yellow ones

before
WP_000056-1.jpg

after
WP_000057-1.jpg

due shortly is a new black tax disc holder with "volkswagen" laser etched onto it and a new gearknob to completely rid the interior of the horrible wood effect trim.

up next is a wee service and the rectification of the side exit exhaust for a completely hidden tailpipe and replacement of the lower plastic diffuser with a new one

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looks very nice, liking the leather interior - heated seats are a godsend in the crazy -10 degrees weather we get in the winter. How much did you pay for the machine polish, i'm just along the road from adrossan. Pm if you don't want to mention on here..

machine polishing starts at £65 and obviously is dependant on the size of car, mini valet is £25 and i had the leather interior treated and a full wax clear coat done too. got the lot done for £90 and that included cleaning all the doorshuts which i thought was pretty good :)

Looks good. My mate has one and they're brilliant cars, better built and comfier than any of the Seats I've been in

Can look really good for a taxi :p

4f405a96.jpg

i love those wheels........... also with regards to the taxi comment....... i'm used to it already lol. it is however the comfiest car i've owned and its very well built, much better than the LCR inside and it wasn't exactly too shabby

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
machine polishing starts at £65 and obviously is dependant on the size of car, mini valet is £25 and i had the leather interior treated and a full wax clear coat done too. got the lot done for £90 and that included cleaning all the doorshuts which i thought was pretty good :)

That's a very good price, i'm going to look into getting my swirls sorted out.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Look around dude, ALOT of wheels can be got for your budget that are not reps.

As reps will be £400-500 then tyres, so for that (£700-800 really) you can get LOADS of nice wheels.

I sold my Audi Fat Fives for that much with tyres and adapters to go onto a 5x100 car ;)

Did you remove the rear/side exit exhaust?

Look around dude, ALOT of wheels can be got for your budget that are not reps.

As reps will be £400-500 then tyres, so for that (£700-800 really) you can get LOADS of nice wheels.

I sold my Audi Fat Fives for that much with tyres and adapters to go onto a 5x100 car ;)

Did you remove the rear/side exit exhaust?

i'll have a look about........... i want dish..... and lots of it lol.

side exit is still on for now..... going to order a new plastic diffuser for the rear bumper then fit the stock exhaust back on til i decide what i wanna do

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
lol, serious dish costs serious money most times lol.

Also people like the 4motion Bora rear splitter, but it has a cutout, but I have recently found out that the PD150 rear splitter is the same as the 4motion one, but without the cutout. WIN :D

Also people like the 4motion Bora rear splitter, but it has a cutout, but I have recently found out that the PD150 rear splitter is the same as the 4motion one, but without the cutout. WIN :D

already been looking on ebay mate..... was thinking about the 4motion front splitter and rear diffuser but like you said, if i did that there would be a cutout for the exhaust...... i'm sure i could get the tailpipe on the backbox thats fitted just now chopped and a new twin fitted to fill the gap ;) would also need to see about a set of sideskirts...... mk4 R32 ones off a 5door would fit ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise