Normad Racing Gauge Pods

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Hey guy's
I ordered a seat leon cupra pillar pod black double 52mm RHD from normad racing and received the item yesterday!

I took a good look at it, and it seems to me that its not made very well!!Don't get me wrong it does match the pillar very well indeed!!

But the thing that's bugging me is the gauge pods are ripply if you know what I meen! I will get a pic in a bit and show you what I'm talking about, I think they have done a bad job on this pillar, Surly it should be smooth not with ripples in it!!!

Thanks...Wayne

Pics to come soon!!

Last edited:

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
they're all like that i'm affraid.

Ahh I didn't realize that! I have a few pics anyway!!!

DSC03674.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03678.jpg

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mines nothing like that, mines grey anyhow.
Looks like you have black material over the top of the grey pillar i have, is that right?

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
mine arrived this week, i would agree but thats fibreglass for you, you cant get it that smooth, nomad tried to make the style like in my avi but they couldnt get it smooth enough.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
i sent pics of my guages that were in a nomad double pillar, but that one you have is exceptionally poor. get them to replace it. i also found the nut on the back of the boost gauge too long so it catches on the back of the pod.
not the best quality item but not much choice either

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
mine is a bit like that but it doesnt really bother me.

Its better than having something sticking out your a pillar in plastic.

And i wanted 2 gauges so this was the only option without loosing half my air intakes lol.

I also dont like the air intakes as they are hard to see.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
They're all a bit rough but I agree, your's is exceptionally bad.

At least they've offered to exchange it.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I quite like the smoothish fiberglass next to the orange peel skin. And I like my air vents as air vents so the pod does the job nicely!

It looks like yours is a one off bad pod though. You should get a good one to replace it...they have good customer service.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members