Now a member of the LCR family but suffering with teething problems.... help please?

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hi all,

Ive just bought an LCR as of last night, and all i got to say is wow!!! I did own an LC180 but will be putting it up for sale soon.

The only thing is, and i have searched the forums, is im getting 2 fault codes 17608 and 17705. This would explain how when im at full boost the car really goes, soon as i lay off and go to put it down again, it goes into a limp mode and will not regain boost properly till i switch it off and start it again.

The car has had a map (rallytec in Boreham), FMIC, air filter, piper exhaust (catback) baileys DV relocation kit and it really moves when the boost is working! However, one thing i have noticed is that the TIP is standard and all other pipes are new OEM parts.

What could be causing this problem? Really annoying when you want to keep the TCS off at times as you can imagine! lol

Any help would be appreciated!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
The oem TIP on a remapped car is bad mate!!! lots of tests have proved that it collapses under high boost you need a silicone one asap. check it for holes aswell. I would upgrade all pipe work to silicone if you can afford it.

Check your maf too if you have access to vag com or a cheap code reader.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Both error codes suggest an issue with the N249; you could try bypassing it (a common mod) and see if the fault codes go away? Alternatively it could be a boost leak somewhere between the turbo and dv so check the connections on the DV are tight, and that the DV is functioning correctly. To do this, take it off the car, push the piston inside it up with a biro, cover the vacuum nipple with your finger, if the piston stays up the valve is fine; if it doesn't you need a service kit from forge (assuming you have a 007p DV).

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
its a baileys mate and been relocated. Only 2 months old mate. Being as the dv has been repositioned is it correct to have 2 caps blocking off the previous holes in the tip? Ill order a silicone one asap!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
its a baileys mate and been relocated. Only 2 months old mate. Being as the dv has been repositioned is it correct to have 2 caps blocking off the previous holes in the tip? Ill order a silicone one asap!

That is the issue.. you need a recirc valve instead of a BOV. ECU is detected a loss in metered air as your BOV is dumping to atmosphere and throwing it into limp mode. Get a 007p on there and link the output back to the tip and your problems should go away.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
That is the issue.. you need a recirc valve instead of a BOV. ECU is detected a loss in metered air as your BOV is dumping to atmosphere and throwing it into limp mode. Get a 007p on there and link the output back to the tip and your problems should go away.

I agree with danny. There shouldn't be a blanking plug on the tip. If u have u must be running a bov and our cars hate them. If I was you get a forge 007p dumpvalve with a yellow spring asap. I ran a bov the same as you and got the same fault codes.

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
shaun you do make me laugh lol. I have a forge007p on my old cupra on the drive. Ill switch it round today and see if it makes a difference. The baileys chatters like hell but if the 007p is gonna sort it ill switch it! I took a friend out in it last night who has a new shape type r in white with 217 hp. Orta see his face when the boost was on lol! :) think its swayed him into seats now

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
ok, so ive looked under the bonnet, and seen that they havnt used a vacuum pipe like they wouldve if they left it on the TIP. Ive taken some photos below to show you what ive got on it atm with the baileys and id really like to save the relocation kit and just swap it for a 007p, thing is how am i going to do it? And where can i get more of that pipe from (the one in the picture thats been capped off on the left)

21032010456.jpg

21032010455.jpg

21032010454.jpg

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Put one of the bungs from your tip where that dv is, put your 007p in the oem location and run the blue vacuum hose to the nipple on the top of it. Try the car like that and report back:)

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
ha ha well said. Coz i have now converted it back to running a forge007p on the tip, not only does it no longer go on limp mode it pulls harder. Thanks guys :) love this forum for support :p

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
lol d.k well put, well as it happens i did find a pair of those boots behind the fmic ha ha. Actually just the person to speak too, you able too wrap my front badge in carbon please :) hopefully you are the right person to be talking too lol

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
lol d.k well put, well as it happens i did find a pair of those boots behind the fmic ha ha. Actually just the person to speak too, you able too wrap my front badge in carbon please :) hopefully you are the right person to be talking too lol

Yes mate I can ;) P.M me if you want them done

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.