Nurburgring trip done! Need new tyres!

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Aup

Got back from the Nurburgring on Sunday night;) what an epic trip!

Car didn't miss a beat all trip was very pleased with the cars performance. Was overtaking m3's and Porsches:) Did a 9 minute 20 secondish lap I reckon. Unfortunately didn't get a recording of my quickest lap but if your interested take a look at my lap with missus in car;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duCXDSMJpLY

Anyway since coming back im thinking of my next mods in time for next year. At the moment the car is standard in the handling department and although the tyres did well at the ring the car did roll a bit through the corners. Therefore im thinking about ARBs (r32 front and the neuspeed rear ones - is this right?) to improve stability in the corners. Just wanted to ask how much difference they make and does it make the car feel much different in the twisties?

Im thinkin about strut braces too....any use?

Since the tyres could do with replacing soon now too wanted some advice on what are the best options. Ive heard Toyo r888 are good and they look the nuts too but expensive and i question the durability of basically a track tyre. any suggestions or advice?

Other than that mite look at fitting FMIC before next summer and will be aiming for 9 minutes next year!!!

Cheers guys

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
i would defo recommend it its quality. its a bit nerve racking as you go through the barriers but once your goin round its okay. i went with 7 other cars with the walkie talkies so its good fun:)

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Looks like fun. How much it cost to get on?
Clarkson said £5 a lap i think :think:

Nice video mate, it does look like fun!

A bit off topic here, but i like the noise your LCR makes. Some people have said they wish there LCR made more noise and shouted about its power a bit more as standard.
Since you have modified yours, how would you say it differs from standard? if you bought it standard that was?
Im saving up for an LCR and im just curious about the noise. :)

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
I think it was 22 euro for 1 lap but i spent 75 euro for 4 laps.

car sounds much different since i had it from standard. i fitted the k+n and 007dv first and you can hear the turbo spool up loads and a satisfying whoosh when letting off throttle.

then fitted the cat back exhaust and it made it a little louder and deeper with a nice tone but the main difference in sound came from the dp + decat which gives it a deep but raspy sound and now means the car pops occasionally and was spitting flames round the ring!! :D

FMIC should now hopefully help the car boost a little harder and keep the heat soak down on warm days.

very good car to mod and good to do it 1 bit at a time so you can appreciate each mod and understand its benefits;) you'll love your LCR!

adam123

Fair play mate, i would love to go around when i get a powerful car, stuck with a 1.4 (First Car) this year but my mates are going so may go with them.

adam123

kl may take you up on that james, you been around it? what leon you got?

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Fair play mate, i would love to go around when i get a powerful car, stuck with a 1.4 (First Car) this year but my mates are going so may go with them.

mate should see some of the cars that go round....okay majority of them are bmws, porsches and scoobies but ive seen hearses and ppl carriers going round!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I think it was 22 euro for 1 lap but i spent 75 euro for 4 laps.

car sounds much different since i had it from standard. i fitted the k+n and 007dv first and you can hear the turbo spool up loads and a satisfying whoosh when letting off throttle.

then fitted the cat back exhaust and it made it a little louder and deeper with a nice tone but the main difference in sound came from the dp + decat which gives it a deep but raspy sound and now means the car pops occasionally and was spitting flames round the ring!! :D

FMIC should now hopefully help the car boost a little harder and keep the heat soak down on warm days.

very good car to mod and good to do it 1 bit at a time so you can appreciate each mod and understand its benefits;) you'll love your LCR!

Thats very interesting actually, good to know your slowly modding it, that would be how i'd plan to do it aswell i think, nothing stupid and rushed.
At the moment im just really looking forward to having a standard LCR but the fact that the car is highly tunable is such a plus.

Thanks for sharing that. :)

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
im on the same boat as you,got my performance mods done,just considering arbs and strut braces.

im going to go for the 23mm or 25mm rear neuspeed arb,and get a front upper S3 strut brace. should be fine for now. i need my bushes replaced as my front right bush is starting to knock over bumps.

id say go for the michelin PS2 tires, thats what iv got and they are great!

il be heading to knockhill once iv done handling,then il hit the ring once iv got my cars limits sussed out

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.