obd bluetooth

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
My coder is currently very busy with his robotics assignment.
As soon as I can get that out the way we'll make a start at the program, He's already checked the bluetooth stacks on Windows/Android and he knows how to code for it however hes investigating a way of making it cross platform with minimal work.

Slow process so far but we want to do it right.

I've not got an android phone at the moment (I sold the Sony Xperia X10 on ebay) and I'm looking to get the Samsung Galaxy S II.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Mine arrived yesterday. Checked it out using the free version on the way to focus for supplies then purchased the paid-for version and tried that one on a quick run to the supermarket. I can confirm that the boost function worked on mine too.

Off for a drive in the countryside to visit my brother tomorrow, so I'll have chance to test it properly
nod.gif

cappitman

Just a couple of quick questions from a non tec person
i have a phone running on 1.5 not 2.1 will this still work ? and how do i know if my car is OBD2 compliant ? thanks in advance for any help

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I presume it should work on any android platform.
Your Leon is OBD2 compliant the socket is under the ashtray at the back, behind a clip on cover.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Basically, if you can see the app in the market, then the developer has indicated that you can use the app on your phone.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Interestingly (well, for me anway), I posted up a thread on the Torque forums as I havent been able to pick up a couple of DTCs that I know are on my car (scanned before the AMD RR day with a handscanner and had a warning about max engine speed exceeded afterwards :))... I can get all the real time readings fine in Torqu, so its def setup right and connected to the ECU.

An admin there has said that is wont read all fault codes, and def not ones related to ABS/SRS. The code I have is also a 'non-standard OBD2 code' so is probably some VAG specific one I guess. Either way, just thought to let you know (I'm probably the last to know) so that you might want to get a backup (Handscanner/VCDS) to catch anything else that might not be covered by this app...

If you want to see the reply on the forum then search for "Fault Codes in handscanner/VCDS but not in torque"

JP

sovk1n6

Whoop Whoop!!!
Jun 23, 2009
London
hi, guys any of you know some one, who has tried it with a windows mobile 7 phone/ if it would work??

Contacted a ebay seller about one, hopefully it works, otherwise I may just buy a cheap android phone lol