OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Back with the answer to my earlier question.. so, for anyone interested to activate the wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay, if they only work through USB-C cable connection... I did buy the OBDeleven Pro and can confirm you can activate the wireless connectivity, through long coding in Multimedia 5F Adaptation, as mentioned here in the forums. BTW, I have the H56 hardware and fw 1896, so it should work for any Formentor with the Full Link functionality through USB.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Glad it works... it was originally posted up on the Ateca side by someone I pinned up as a solution. Pinned it on the Arona side as well. There was a set of mib3 units that originally didn't have AAW implemented but did have AA for whatever reason, but as you saw a simple bit of coding enables it. Must congratulate the original poster. @JoPeters.

Reactions: flatbone
May 23, 2023
Anyone got a code or something to change the default driver profile? i want the car to start in individual rather than comfort

Jun 13, 2023
Anyone got a code or something to change the default driver profile? i want the car to start in individual rather than comfort
You can do that from the gear selector, when you leave the car in individual you will see a cog icon at the top of the virtual cockpit display. When you next get into the car it should still have the cog(individual) icon at the top but the gear box will be in 'D' mode. flick the gear selector back towards you (this will select sport mode and show 'S' at the top of the virtual cockpit and S instead of D for gearbox) Flick the gear selector again and it will change back to Individual mode but with the gear box in S mode.

Jun 17, 2023
Hi,
I just received my Formentor last week and loving it. I had a look on OBDeleven website and they have a lot of options. Which one do I need to get in order to be able to make all the modifications (I guess it's called coding/long coding) that you guys do here? I mean which BT adapter, also a plan? Does it have to be OBDEleven adapter or can I use something else?

Thanks.

Tell

Staff member
Obdeleven use divides into two. The micro payment apps (one click) and the Pro coding side (annual Pro license). The micro payment side is there to challenge Carista and the like. Black box solutions don't show you what they are doing and can leave the car in a mess. The coding side which you can only do with the Pro license gives you similar functionality to VCDS and all the other alternatives. The advantage of Obdeleven over VCDS is you don't need your laptop connected to the Obd port with a plug and socket. That's all licensed as well. Pass on the costs of that option outside the thread but more. Bluetooth is used to connect the Obdeleven dongle to your phone or tablet. You need 4g connection or Wi-Fi on your phone or tablet. The coding operations interact to the Obdeleven servers.

The Obdeleven dongle comes in two forms, white or black (NextGen). The white one is the original Android only one, the black one is Android or iPhone. The white one can be adorned with a ring pull, you don't need that. Suppose to make it easier to pull in and out but you soon get the hang of getting it in under the dash.

The Pro license is a code you type in, after that it unlocks the Pro side of the device. The ultimate you versions allows you to generate the one click apps (micro payment ones) and give them back to Obdeleven. Form of crowd sourcing. Crafty way of getting users to do their work. That's the rub you don't know what the one click app does and why they are dangerous.

The so called coding side is really flicking software toggles on the app screen. The so called long string is the program within the device. That can be toggled in the app to show the bytes or embroidered with text as to what it does. Most of the stuff is brought out on the Adaptation screen in the app. Generally you dont need to look at the long string coding but as said that's generally annotated.

VAG publishes the obd interface which developers of these coding devices use. They just toggle the programs within the cars control units. Basically it's 1970s distributed control systems implemented in the car... Why it feels like the early days of microcomputers. Long strings and the like. It's how VAG makes its systems work across brands and models. Customising how each system should work in each model.

With the Pro license it keeps a track of what changes you do. With clear head and a methodical mind you shouldn't get into trouble since you can undo changes that you make. One step at a time. The one click apps try to make it easy but since you don't know what they are actually doing can leave a mess behind.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Just got OBD11 to switch lane assist to memory so remembers it's always off.

Was easy to set up and use, just making sure phone was disconnected from car Bluetooth and bonnet opened.

Used the ready made app to do this given I was really only interested in switching the lane assist off so cheapest way was to buy 10 credits.

In view of the advise above I did a full backup before applying the change. Was interesting that without a plan still have the ability to scan the car for issues and clear them if required.

Surprised to see 19 faults which I cleared. Not sure why they were there but no lights on dash.

OBD11 worked well and car now stores my last setting for lane assist.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Not usual on that platform for that number of faults :confused:. You get frequency, when detected and nature. You can keep an eye on them although I've no experience on your platform how often they will reappear. Reckon this is why dealers don't bother to clear them now across the brand. Really you'd look at them if looking for an issue but you'd expect them to be cleared after the car has been worked on. Mine doesn't so you see the faults registered as they do things.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Car never been worked on, received June this year. Assuming they are nothing major as no lights on the dashboard and all detail status as intermittent.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Does anyone know if there’s a way to keep the exhaust valves permanently open that works? All I could find was someone saying it was protected or something.

Remicade

Jul 9, 2023
Hmmm take hours to scan ??

Attachments

• 1698039931238.jpg
    1698039931238.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 84

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Got one of these the other day, just using the apps and credits at the moment as the only thing I wanted to do is remember lane assist setting and turn the stupid exhaust sound simulator to 0 as I drive in Cupra mode 90% of the time. Works well though, great little tool.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Hmmm take hours to scan ??
Might be their servers at the time or your network connection. It forms a link between your phone / tablet, Bluetooth to the dongle. Wi-Fi or 4g etc to the servers. So the pace of their servers can slow it down. Normally about two minutes or so for me on a scan. Ofcourse the Formentor tech might have been slowing things down is another variable on the day. I get a few false starts on the connect button. On the white device you see the Led lights flashing in it. Flashing good. You are getting connected. Sometimes it does a dongle update over the air. Generally 100% reliable.

macwreck

Dec 16, 2023
You are all awesome! I have tweaked my 2023 Formentor e-HYBRID with Lane Assist Warnings and Default, Speed Limit Assistant, and Undertaking ... after backups :D
I have hit the "FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE" error when trying to complete the following 3 other changes - yes I have enabled SFD and I had the bonnet undone (but not up) with driver's door open ...

REAR LIGHTS ON WITH DRL
Daytime running lights / Parking Light already “Active” from dealer
When I attempted:
Immediately then do this
- Select Central Electric 09
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Daytime running lights”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht” ( Scandinavian DRL )
- Select “Active”
RESULT : Front and Rear DRL working ( No fogs lights on ) - Result was FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE

ACTIVATE DRL CONTROL IN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich”
- Select “active”
Result was FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE

ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION IN MENU
- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Cruise control mode”
- Select “Activated”

Any ideas team?!?!?!?! I only have a few days of OBD Eleven PRO membership left to sort this ...

Wimmy

Apr 10, 2022
You are all awesome! I have tweaked my 2023 Formentor e-HYBRID with Lane Assist Warnings and Default, Speed Limit Assistant, and Undertaking ... after backups :D
I have hit the "FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE" error when trying to complete the following 3 other changes - yes I have enabled SFD and I had the bonnet undone (but not up) with driver's door open ...

REAR LIGHTS ON WITH DRL
Daytime running lights / Parking Light already “Active” from dealer
When I attempted:
Immediately then do this
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht” ( Scandinavian DRL )
- Select “Active”
RESULT : Front and Rear DRL working ( No fogs lights on ) - Result was FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE

ACTIVATE DRL CONTROL IN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich”
- Select “active”

ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION IN MENU
- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Cruise control mode”
- Select “Activated”

Any ideas team?!?!?!?! I only have a few days of OBD Eleven PRO membership left to sort this ...
Charging plug plugged in to vehicle and ignition on?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.