OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Wimmy

Apr 10, 2022
Hmmm ... ignition was on but I can't recall if it was plugged in - does it need to be plugged in when other mod's were fine without that?
I've seen it mentioned that the hybrids need to be plugged in when doing some changes. Don't know how true it is (I have petrol). Its at least worth a shot

Reactions: Tell

macwreck

Dec 16, 2023
I've seen it mentioned that the hybrids need to be plugged in when doing some changes. Don't know how true it is (I have petrol). Its at least worth a shot
Voila! You were right @Wimmy ! The coding that would not work before ran fine as soon as the car was plugged in (with door open and bonnet unlocked) ... go figure! Thank you (y):)

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I was trying to make changes using a 1 click app the other week, hood was open, but to complete the change, I was being asked to do some sort of authentication? Can't remember the exact message, and didn't have an authenticator set up, so didn't do it.

Anyone else do the authentication? Just wondering what it's for before I go ahead with it.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I was trying to make changes using a 1 click app the other week, hood was open, but to complete the change, I was being asked to do some sort of authentication? Can't remember the exact message, and didn't have an authenticator set up, so didn't do it.

Anyone else do the authentication? Just wondering what it's for before I go ahead with it.
That would be to unlock a SFD protected module.
Yes, you need to register and authenticate and it can potentially void warranty - I haven't heard of any cases, but if they would be strict, they could.

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
That would be to unlock a SFD protected module.
Yes, you need to register and authenticate and it can potentially void warranty - I haven't heard of any cases, but if they would be strict, they could.
Ok, cheers. Warranty up in Sept so might just wait a bit, nothing I really need to desperately at the moment!

Tell

Staff member
I always recommend not using one click Obdeleven just buy the Obdeleven Pro license since you know what the process is and can unwind backwards. One click app is the black box approach so any bugs in the 1 click app leave your coding scrambled. My aversion to Excel macros. 1 click apps run a macro of commands which you can't see and don't know what they are doing. If Obdeleven have not fully QAed the 1 click app you got problems.

People say after a year you don't need to renew the pro license since you have done all the coding you need. Us lucky folk that had Obdeleven before the Pro license came in got given an unlimited pro licence 👏.

Reactions: Seastormer

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
With regards to the SFD Stuff all this tells VAG is that you have opened up the control unit it does not actually tell them what or even if you changed something. I did see an interesting note some time ago that said apart from keeping regulators happy with extra security it is also there so that if there is a problem with the car in the next 30 years (that's how long they keep the data) they are able to prove you have been touching your car and it was not done by a registered dealer. Thus they will not be legally liable. The future of cars being driven more by software means that there are going to be legal cases brought against car manufacturers so they are covering backsides. Dealers have always been able to confirm if you have messed around with the car.

With regards to the one click apps I agree they are macros and your history shows only you used it, no details however if you take a backup before and after you can very easily work out what was changed.

The one click apps have a place for people who dont want to learn and play but like Carista and many other tools you dont have the full details of the change and it may cause issues.

Tell

Staff member
Those people shouldnt be fiddling with the coding using one click 🙄. Using the Pro side is easy enough with an analytical mind. Just toggling things on and off etc. The rest is passing your car over to probable school boys playing with their Dads car and getting it published by Obdeleven. It depends whether you want school boy coding in the car although some of Vags seems like it.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Those people shouldnt be fiddling with the coding using one click 🙄. Using the Pro side is easy enough with an analytical mind. Just toggling things on and off etc. The rest is passing your car over to probable school boys playing with their Dads car and getting it published by Obdeleven. It depends whether you want school boy coding in the car although some of Vags seems like it.
Whilst I agree with you on the Pro there is a marketplace for OCA.
Carista and OBD11 (VAG,BMW & TOYOTA) and they are selling units because people just want a push button solution and certainly OBDEleven (this name has now replaced Voltas IT) business model going forward is very much about one click apps and the BMW Model (where there is no coding or live data,charts etc) is a good example showing people are happy to pay each time they use it when there are much better tools out there.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I bought pro for video in motion activate (it’s for 360 camera when moving forward not for videos) but would not take. Read on other forums it’s issue with iOS & works fine on android version of app. Anyone else had this issue?

Mar 11, 2024
Hello,

I have activate the normale cruise control. But when i turn the car off and on again it starts the adaptive cruise control again. In the menu i must change it back to normal cruise. Is it possible that the normal cruise control is default selected when the car starts?

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Hi everyone.
I noticed on my Formentor that opening/closing all windows from keyfob is not active. Has anyone coded this in with obdeleven?

I found these instruction for a Golf mk7 and I'm willing to try this weekend. If anyone can confirm these, maybe?

Select Central Electrics 09
Adaptation
Access Control 2
comfort opening and set to active
comfort closing and set to active
funk komfort oeffnen and set to active
funk komfort schilessen and set to active
Menuesteuerung komfortbedienung einstellbar and set to adjustable

Enable through car menu and that should be it👍🏽

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Hi everyone.
I noticed on my Formentor that opening/closing all windows from keyfob is not active. Has anyone coded this in with obdeleven?

I found these instruction for a Golf mk7 and I'm willing to try this weekend. If anyone can confirm these, maybe?
It's a bit different check your value in 09 adaptation channels

ZV Komfort_Fensterheber:
Komfort_schliessen:
active
Komfortbedienung_ffb_aktiv:
active
Komfortbedienung_fh_oeffnen_ueber_funk:
active
Komfortbedienung_fh_schliessen_ueber_funk:
active
Fahrertuerbedienung Fensterheber oeffnen:
not active
Komfortbedienung_fh_oeffnen_ueber_sz:
active
Komfortbedienung_fh_schliessen_ueber_fh_taster:
not active
KL_15_aus_fh_freigabenachlauf:
active
Freigabenachlauf_abbruch_bei_tueroeffnen:
active
Fensterheber_freigabnachlauf_busruhe:
active
Komfort_oeffnen:
active
Komfortoeffnen nur FH Fahrertuer:
not active
komfortbedienung_global_hmi:
adjustable
Komfortbedienung_global:
active

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Hi everyone.

Is this not just something you change in the vehicle settings? I know it is for mine.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Is this not just something you change in the vehicle settings? I know it is for mine.

Yes it as a menu toggle to enable on Leon 3s and Atecas, Golf Mk7s etc. I'd assumed it has been removed from the MQB Evo screen unless people haven't found it. If removed from the screen then that text might be the one that says enable the menu and do other stuff. It's how mib2 works to over specify the screen then suppress things that they deem aren't on offer eg. Mirror dip on some models etc.

There might be safety considerations if it's been removed off the main screen. Remote closure of the panoramic roof was disabled on Vag cars after an accident in the States. Windows all up and all down including the panoramic is liked on the continent. Never hot enough in the UK for that one. Mass dropping of the windows as approaching the car to get in using the remote is what it's about or mass closing. Might be where safety considerations came in if its been removed as a menu option. Comfort opening or words like that was the option.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Definitely still available on the Formentor.

can be adjusted using the function button
> Vehicle > Exterior > Windows >
Convenience opening