OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Wimmy

Apr 10, 2022
Fits into the noise nuisance category it's illegal to sound a horn if stationary without good reason, highway code. Locking the car isn't one.

It's American and Far East cars which have the beep enabled traditionally. You find it on rental cars out there. Disabled in Europe. It may be the chirp VAG has fits into the legal audible limit but either way it's considered poor form in Europe which is why it's coded off, but the coding left there for outside Europe.
Ok, so it’s illegal IF it’s a nuisance. I can assure you I won’t be sat just locking and unlocking the car for sh*ts n giggles. You also said it’s very quiet and therefore doesn’t fit in to that category as I presume it will be under the required dB level. Additionally, I’m a 9-5 worker and wouldn’t be locking/unlocking at unsociable hours. IF it was loud enough to wake the neighbours I’m confident they would rather be aware of someone stealing keys in the area.

It’s not the horn that sounds so doesn’t fit in to that category of the Highway Code either (you also mentioned that it wasn’t the horn).

I apologise for the poor form that you clearly don’t agree with but let’s keep this thread on topic and supply coding rather than opinions 🙂

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
You still haven't showed me anything to say this is illegal in the UK (especially as you mentioned that its also so quiet that it wouldn't wake me)

I remember this was discussed a while back on another forum I‘m a member on; under The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, Section 99.(1) it states;

99.-(1) Subject to the following paragraphs, no person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, any horn, gong, bell or siren fitted to or carried on a vehicle which is
(a) stationary on a road, at any time, other than at times of danger due to another moving vehicle on or near the road: or
(b) in motion on a restricted road, between 23.30 hours and 07.00 hours in the following morning.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Ok, so it’s illegal IF it’s a nuisance. I can assure you I won’t be sat just locking and unlocking the car for sh*ts n giggles. You also said it’s very quiet and therefore doesn’t fit in to that category as I presume it will be under the required dB level. Additionally, I’m a 9-5 worker and wouldn’t be locking/unlocking at unsociable hours. IF it was loud enough to wake the neighbours I’m confident they would rather be aware of someone stealing keys in the area.

It’s not the horn that sounds so doesn’t fit in to that category of the Highway Code either (you also mentioned that it wasn’t the horn).

I apologise for the poor form that you clearly don’t agree with but let’s keep this thread on topic and supply coding rather than opinions 🙂
That's why it's disabled in Europe since it's deemed a nuisance. Not sure how your TT had it unless you toggled it on yourself or they tightened up on features which are anti social.

Wimmy

Apr 10, 2022
People are saying this still works on 2023 cars
OK that didnt work as the adaptations were different. However, after some digging I found a working solution complete with menu toggle to switch on and off:

Acoustic Alarm Chirp Confirmation

Control Unit 9
Adaptation - 'ZV Quitierungen'
'Quittierungston_bei_entriegeln' set to Active
'Quittungs_ton_bei_verriegeln' set to Active
The above allows the chirp on arm and disarm

Control Unit 9
'Quittierton_beim_zweiten_ZV_AUF_Befehl' set to active
'Quittierton_beim_zweiten_ZV_ZU_Befehl' set to active
These are if you want the chirps to repeat if you lock/unlock a second time

Control Unit 9
'Quittungston_hmi_einstellbar' set to active
This puts the toggle switch on the MMI so you can set the audible confirmation on/off

As mentioned a couple of posts earlier, this is against The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 section 99 so when you have coded it, best switch it off in the infotainment ;)

Reactions: DEAN0 and Tell

Tell

Staff member
OK that didnt work as the adaptations were different. However, after some digging I found a working solution complete with menu toggle to switch on and off:

Acoustic Alarm Chirp Confirmation

Control Unit 9
'Quittierungston_bei_entriegeln' set to Active
'Quittungs_ton_bei_verriegeln' set to Active
The above allows the chirp on arm and disarm

Control Unit 9
'Quittierton_beim_zweiten_ZV_AUF_Befehl' set to active
'Quittierton_beim_zweiten_ZV_ZU_Befehl' set to active
These are if you want the chirps to repeat if you lock/unlock a second time

Control Unit 9
'Quittungston_hmi_einstellbar' set to active
This puts the toggle switch on the MMI so you can set the audible confirmation on/off

As mentioned a couple of posts earlier, this is against The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 section 99 so when you have coded it, best switch it off in the infotainment ;)
Section 99 keeps the country civilised.

Glad you found the text why it's illegal to do it in the UK.

Tell

Staff member
This is the one where you can lock yourself out if it looses connection with the remote. Probably best called easy lock yourself out 😉. Something to consider. I've had conversations where I've said did you enable automatic locking and they go silent... meaning they did. Where somebody kept their key in the car and it auto locked it in and the person out 🤔. Pass on why they kept the key in the car. Probably a locked garage. Probably the battery of the key went flat.

The coding will be out there. Just a warning to be careful with proximity auto locking.

RNRF

Jun 25, 2022
This is the one where you can lock yourself out if it looses connection with the remote. Probably best called easy lock yourself out 😉. Something to consider. I've had conversations where I've said did you enable automatic locking and they go silent... meaning they did. Where somebody kept their key in the car and it auto locked it in and the person out 🤔. Pass on why they kept the key in the car. Probably a locked garage. Probably the battery of the key went flat.

The coding will be out there. Just a warning to be careful with proximity auto locking.
Maybe you're right , this functionality can really cause some problems.

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Sorry, I've looked back through this thread but couldn't find it...

Has anyone activated Wireless Full Link with obdeleven? I mean the wireless functionality of Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

I was thinking of buying the dongle with the pro pack, I guess... if this can be done.

Reactions: Oily

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Has anyone activated Wireless Full Link with obdeleven? I mean the wireless functionality of Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

I was thinking of buying the dongle with the pro pack, I guess... if this can be done.
It was standard on my 2022 V2 car - almost as soon as I got the car my phone told me to update android auto because the car had it.

Tell

Staff member

Wireless bit if thats what you are asking... the rest has to be activated. All these coding ones are speculative. In early releases of mib3 AAW wasnt implemented. The link does that... but AA has to be.

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Yes, just the wireless functionality. My car has Full Link through USB connection, but has not supported the wireless functionality from factory and it was my understanding that others had this same issue, based on region/country, while everyone else had the wireless functionality from the start of production, as I had seen in all the reviews online prior to ordering... but yeah, I've read somewhere that others had this issue and managed to activate the wireless func. through coding with VCDS.. but I don't remmeber where I read that.

I was just trying to make sure that the obdeleven pro can do it as well, for the Formentor, because I would prefer getting that and maybe activate some other stuff as well, if that worked.

Tell

Staff member
Yes, just the wireless functionality. My car has Full Link through USB connection, but has not supported the wireless functionality from factory and it was my understanding that others had this same issue, based on region/country, while everyone else had the wireless functionality from the start of production, as I had seen in all the reviews online prior to ordering... but yeah, I've read somewhere that others had this issue and managed to activate the wireless func. through coding with VCDS.. but I don't remmeber where I read that.

I was just trying to make sure that the obdeleven pro can do it as well, for the Formentor, because I would prefer getting that and maybe activate some other stuff as well, if that worked.
Suspect it will the same as it does on the Ateca mib3... and Arona !.

Reactions: flatbone
Sep 15, 2022
Anyone know how to keep the AACC distance remembered in between turning the car off and on.
Mine seems to forget the setting and always returns to the furthest distance, I like mine to be closer and it is a pain to keep setting every time you turn the AACC on
Thanks

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Anyone know how to keep the AACC distance remembered in between turning the car off and on.
Mine seems to forget the setting and always returns to the furthest distance, I like mine to be closer and it is a pain to keep setting every time you turn the AACC on
Thanks
Mines a Formenter and in the infotainment system and there's a switch above the 'Distance' selector that says 'Last Distance Selected'. Push the switch across and it should remember the setting.
That assumes yours has this setting of course :unsure:.

Sep 15, 2022
Mines a Formenter and in the infotainment system and there's a switch above the 'Distance' selector that says 'Last Distance Selected'. Push the switch across and it should remember the setting.
That assumes yours has this setting of course :unsure:.
Thanks, I hadn't considered it would be in the normal menus as most useful things seem to be set by OBD.
Sure enough it was there, great much appreciated

Reactions: Tell and oldgitdave
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.