OBDeleven modifications

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Tried everything now and rechecked all settings in OBD eleven.

Think I’ll disable the activated features and let the dealer fix they may need to reflash the onboard computer or reset but taking battery out.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Panic over, look like the reverse switch is faulty as my light wasn't coming on either, give stick another shove once engaged and light comes on and mirror dips. booked in under warranty.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
The auto lock feature would be good if u have keyless entry. Had this on a megane several years ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Bit of boring housekeeping, I have seen on the obd11 site today that somebody did a load of changes and got the car in a mess. They had not done any backups before starting so it is impossible to restore back to how it was.

Please make sure you take a backup of your car before starting changes and doing frequent backups so you always have a good restore point.

Deleted member 103408

Heads up from the OBD11 Site, today a customer with a 2018 Audi has complained that he used the VIM app and it took his money but did not work. The reason is that AUDI (And maybe Seat and VW/SKODA) have changed the code on the car so you can no longer enable video in motion. The response from the support team was that this is pointed out in the app details so guys if you use app's make sure you read the description fully so you understand if it will not work.

Deleted member 103408

You pay to make changes?
you can pay for pre built apps or code it yourself.

UPDATE

Most of the apps only cost 10 credits the big ones cost 100 but you do get 6 free credits a day.

If you have the Pro app you can do all the changes you like for free, just your time and effort.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
Guys jus beware, my device stopped working. shook it and noticed it was rattling.

sent it off to OBDEleven they said the bluetooth module had come loose, and wouldnt repair or replace under warranty.

so had to buy a new device (discounted)

I'm having bluetooth problems, can't discover the dongle with either my Android tablet or phone. No rattles in my dongle though; don't sound as if they were very understanding with your warranty claim?

If any one else has had similar or a bright idea, before I contact Lithuania, I'd appreciate a suggestion. My dongle is just over one year old, so still in warranty period, and I used the program with no problems when purchased, but some time now since I've had it out. Over this weekend I wanted to check a few things and although the wi-fi connects up when I input my email and password and shows my car details and the operation history, I just can't manage to get a BT pair. My android devices are working, they can see the SEAT BT and recognize one another so I don't think I have a problem there. The dongle has the red light displaying and was listed on my tablet from way back when. I've tried resetting and clearing it out but it just can't discover the dongle. Don't really remember the original procedure, just recall an email verification and setting up the ID and PW. One odd thing, however, the SEAT BT in the Media System does list the OBDeleven along with my phone and tablet when trying to connect. I'm sitting on the drive trying this and connecting to my home router.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Basically open it up see if it looks broken, once open though they certainly wont replace.

Mine hadn't been opened, when I sent it off they said they had found leaves or grass inside which would suggest to me their manufacturing environment isnt that clean.

Deleted member 103408

Firstly if you only have a red light when the dongle is inserted and ignition is on then contact support as I think this is an issue.

If you have a yellow blinking light then dongle is fine so the obvious things to do are

1/ Clear app cache,
2/ Clear Bluetooth cache.
3/ Turn phone off and wait 5 minutes before re starting
4/ Ensure everything you can have connected turned off (Radio, USB Devices etc)

Pair Pin code is 1234

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
Basically open it up see if it looks broken, once open though they certainly wont replace.

Mine hadn't been opened, when I sent it off they said they had found leaves or grass inside which would suggest to me their manufacturing environment isnt that clean.

Condition is fine, just as when it was received. Hasn't been out of the plastic pouch it arrived in apart from when in the OBD socket. They don't sound as if they were that helpful. Thanks.

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
Firstly if you only have a red light when the dongle is inserted and ignition is on then contact support as I think this is an issue.

If you have a yellow blinking light then dongle is fine so the obvious things to do are

1/ Clear app cache,
2/ Clear Bluetooth cache.
3/ Turn phone off and wait 5 minutes before re starting
4/ Ensure everything you can have connected turned off (Radio, USB Devices etc)

Pair Pin code is 1234

Thanks for the tips; I've tried 1-4 with no luck but I certainly do not see a yellow blinking light. Didn't remember that from the previous use. I guess that is the dongle unit searching for the BT pairing, then?

Deleted member 103408

Thanks for the tips; I've tried 1-4 with no luck but I certainly do not see a yellow blinking light. Didn't remember that from the previous use. I guess that is the dongle unit searching for the BT pairing, then?
contact support via the app. i will check mine in the morning to see what it flashes.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
When I deleted the app cache I lost Bluetooth connection only way it would work was to allow the app access to location services.

Deleted member 103408

contact support via the app. i will check mine in the morning to see what it flashes.

Checked mine, With Ignition on and then plugged in the dongle.

Front Red Light is on permanent.
Underneath the Yellow light is flashing (which according to the forums is the heartbeat of the device.)

Deleted member 103408

Has anybody been able to enable lap timer on a MY18 Car, if so what model do you have and what coding did you use please.

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
@nokiauk - went and checked that and location has access.

@theoldboy - Looks like that may be the fault then, I have got the permanent red light but nothing is blinking. I imagine the SEAT media can see the dongle because of the physical connection. Will do some more BT research and contact them through the app as you suggest.

Thankyou all for your help.