OBDeleven modifications

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
I have just had a play with setting the dials to be on all the time and I have figured it out. It's not linked to rear DRLs at all.

You want to do the following:

1. Dash Board
2. Adaptations
3. Illumination_algorithm
4. Change Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to Ids

See screenshot below.

Screenshot_2016-12-14-17-16-13_zps0rzzqjon.png

I do not have "Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to Ids" on my obdeleven.
I only have pointer_illumination_algorithim
Any ideas on how to do this on my 2014 car ?

Last edited:

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Just got my OBDeleven module and seems a great little gadget. I have turned down the actuator to 20% and turned on the locking/unlocking chirps but wondered what others who have OBDeleven have done to their Leon?

Thanks
B

I was looking into this but I read that you need an android phone to use. What cosmetic modifications are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I was looking into this but I read that you need an android phone to use. What cosmetic modifications are there?

Android phone or Tablet.

You can turn the Stop Start off Permanently.
Change Mirror Fold to one click of the button and turn the Soundacktor off too. Amongst tons of other stuff too. You can also alter the ambient lighting colours...something I’m going to try out on my wife’s car when I’m home...she loves purple so going to change one colour to a purple of her choice.

UPDATE: If you don’t want to buy an Android Phone/Tablet and OBDELEVEN, you can always see if there is anyone near you who could code things for you. For a small fee..Beers tokens usually

Last edited:
Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Android phone or Tablet.

You can turn the Stop Start off Permanently.
Change Mirror Fold to one click of the button and turn the Soundacktor off too. Amongst tons of other stuff too. You can also alter the ambient lighting colours...something I’m going to try out on my wife’s car when I’m home...she lives purple so going to change one colour to a purple of her choice.

Thanks for that, will have to look into it then. I only picked my cupra up yesterday and I’m still struggling with the ambient lighting. Is it only visible during the night? As there’s absolutely no light coming from where it should be

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Thanks for that, will have to look into it then. I only picked my cupra up yesterday and I’m still struggling with the ambient lighting. Is it only visible during the night? As there’s absolutely no light coming from where it should be

Sorry. Can’t remember without getting to my car which is a few days away. I think you can increase the intensity of the lighting via OBDELEVEN but that’s all I can help with. @theoldboy could possibly help more with the coding things.

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

You'll only see them when it's dark and I'm sure they only come on with the headlights.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
You'll only see them when it's dark and I'm sure they only come on with the headlights.

I’ve just been out to take a look at mine. The ambient lighting isn’t on now (or at least I can’t see it). I’d agree that it’s only activated either when it’s dark or when the main lights come on.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Edit - I’ve just got into my car now and the ambient lighting IS on. Ignition is off (I literally just unlocked it and got in)...

04b1a168078ca1df7d5750070610205b.jpg

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thanks guys I’ve sorted it now, i can’t see it working with daytime running lights only though, only with headlights.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hi. What’s the best odbeleven unit that can work with iOS? There seem to be a couple on Amazon, but not sure if these only read data rather than being able to change settings ispn the car.

There is only one OBD ELEVEN and it does NOT work with IOS, only Android tablet or phone.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Hi. What’s the best odbeleven unit that can work with iOS? There seem to be a couple on Amazon, but not sure if these only read data rather than being able to change settings ispn the car.

OBD is a protocol - OBDeleven is a Bluetooth dongle and software combo that is only supported on Android.
Just get yourself some cheap, even used, Android phone and stop looking :)
Also, not many Bluetooth OBD dongles support iPhone - only WiFi ones and even then, they lack the softwaes to make all these changes.

Reactions: AlexOS and Andy1977

Deleted member 103408

If you just want to make simple changes then Carista supports IOS there is a thread on here for that app and the guys there can confirm what dongle you need https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/carista-app.444059/ . The big difference between the two is Carista is an app the allows you to make changes that the Carista team provide and nothing else. Obdeleven allows you to use apps but also you have full access to the cars control units and can make your own changes but as the others have said its Android only and currently there are no plans to change that.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

I am awaiting a build date on my Cupra ST 4drive, but i am interested in some of the items listed as adaptations with the OBDEleven....
Does anyone know if all the below are actually built into the cupra but turned off, so using the OBDeleventhey can be turned on, as they are paid options from Seat.?
Traffic signal recognition
lane assist
high beam assist
i'll be doing other stuff like rear DRLs, but wanted to know if the above would work too, or if those options only work for turning on/off stuff that has been ordered with the car.?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I am awaiting a build date on my Cupra ST 4drive, but i am interested in some of the items listed as adaptations with the OBDEleven....
Does anyone know if all the below are actually built into the cupra but turned off, so using the OBDeleventhey can be turned on, as they are paid options from Seat.?
Traffic signal recognition
lane assist
high beam assist
i'll be doing other stuff like rear DRLs, but wanted to know if the above would work too, or if those options only work for turning on/off stuff that has been ordered with the car.?
Those features i.e lane assist and traffic sign recognition require hardware - namely a front facing camera at the height of the rearview mirror.

It doesn't come as standard.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Those features i.e lane assist and traffic sign recognition require hardware - namely a front facing camera at the height of the rearview mirror.

It doesn't come as standard.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks. Thought that may be the case, but worth asking. I didn’t know if it was part of the internal mirror/rain sensor installation but just not activated unless you paid for the options.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
IMO it does absolutely nothing. Actually it alters the way cruise control is initiated.
What does the Audi mod actually do? Is it throttle response, or does it boost power/torque slightly?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Based on what i see on the OBD11 Forum, some say it makes it more responsive but what i always say to people with stuff like this.
Do it and see if on your car it makes a difference.

On facelift cars what we know if you just have cruise control it wont work (because it gives errors) for those that have ACC it works with no errors (that i have seen so far). This change is made to the VW, Skoda cars and again we get mixed feedback (my guess it depends on what model you have)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I did that Audi mod on my Skoda Octavia to great success, but, after having it for a while on the FL Cupra, I decided to revert...
- it turns everything up a notch
- comfort mode has sport suspension and hard steering, plus sport accelerator curve.
- Cupra mode has very hard suspension and steering plus it seems to mess up the shifting points and it chokes. Also seems to overboost/overfuel.

So, maybe better not to do on these cars.

My Octavia vRS was a manual, did not have DCC and did not have a mode button, as such, the mod worked quite well on it.
Both my old Skoda and the Cupra have ACC, though - I never got any side errors on either car from enabling this mod.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.