OEM Xenons not auto adjusting up and down

Al

Aug 29, 2005
When you switch on the lights, the sequence for the Xenon equipped cars is adjust down, adjust out to the side, back to centre, then back up. Mine misses the down up cycle, and when driving the car in the dark, it appears they are stuck in the down position.

I have done a search and have not found anything on it. Any ideas?

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Is it maybe a separate motor that does the up and down Strange that both lights don't do it though. Could be a a controller for them or something.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
If it`s doing part of the sequence, then it probably is faulty. Mine rarely do any sequence at all........ But always do both when they do, definitely adjust up and down.
If it`s under warranty then let the dealers find out:)

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
I think its a seperate motore for the up/down movement and I remember seeing a post about it somewhere..... But typically, I can't find it now.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
do they still have the bootfull of crap adjuster 0/1/2/3 thing ?

just wondered if they stayed low as that was in the wrong position

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I posted about this when i picked up mine March 08. Mine do the self test every 3 or 4 starts not every time. From memory they go UP>DOWN>OUT>IN. When I queried with the dealer how often they should do this they had no idea and where no use at all.

They are slightly low and as Xenons go IMO these are not the best, my ST170's were a lot better and that was 6 years ago. Good luck with it.

Rob

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cheers. Mine does the test, but the down at the start and up at the end is missed out :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Checked the car on VAGCOM last night and no faults showing. The output tests on the Xenons show that they can raise themselves up though :confused:

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
I think that this happens when the car is lowered and the adjusters can't cope with the range required...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members