Oil leak - strange noise from drivers side of engine

dannybakere1uk

I have Sesat leon Cupra, 2003 and have noticed that when the engine is started from cold there is a slight noise from the drivers side of the engine which stops after about 30 - 40 seconds ! Sounds a little bit like a motor whirring !

Also today the red oil light started flashing, i topped up the oil and it continued to flash ! Then noticed that there is a small amount of the fresh oil leaking from the drivers side of the engine!

Any idea's, hopefully not expensive as it's being recovered to garage as we speak ? :confused:

Dan

Liam LP

Hello mate, I dont have the answer to your question but I have a 2003 Cupra which has this exact same problem with the engine making a whirring noise when it starts from cold. The only thing that has been suggested to me is that it has the wrong type of oil in it. But a bleed from Seat is about £120. I still have this problem so could also do with some advice.

Liam.

dannybakere1uk

All sorted .... It was the gauze filter in the sump which was totally blocked !

Also changed the oil pressure switch at the same time and the problem seems to have been sorted and the strange noise has stopped now.

Luckily the garage were great and sorted it out very cheaply.

Dan

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.