oil light flashing and beep 3 times , low oil presure ??

tomtj09

my oil light flashes and it beeps 3 times , im prety sure its low oil presure . what causes low oil presure ?? do i need to get a new oil pump , or should i try servicing it first oil and filter ect . ?? :confused:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
The light near the coolant temperature? Mine beeps and flashes when the coolant is low?

Jimski

Last edited:

tomtj09

yeh first thing i did was check the oil and its fine . so do we not think its the oil pump then ? is it advisable to be driving it ?? cus it only does it now and then .

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Chances are it is the oil pick up being starved of oil hence the oil pressure light showing.
The pick up and oil seal is less than £20 iic and the sump needs dropping to change it.
I'd be getting it done ASAP

ringer

LEON CUPRA
Sep 2, 2007
Isle of wight
just took mine out for a drive and gave it a foot full up the dual and after coming off,it has brung up the oil light flashing and beeping 3 times.oil level is fine as not long had it serviced.let it cool down and took it out for a drive again and no light until you put your foot down and it brings it up again.Do you think that will be what your describing is what is causing it? if so,is it a easy job to do? and what parts will i need to fix and change it all including sump gasket.

randolph

mine beeps 3 times on startup, the oil light constantly flashes, what ultimately does this sound like?, the manual says it should not be driven in this state but it runs sweet no flat spots or lumpiness

randolph

it does have a medium rattle of the engine, would this sound about right? and if so what do u suggest - cheers for the help btw!

ringer

LEON CUPRA
Sep 2, 2007
Isle of wight
ok cool.will go see the stealers now then.Thanks.mine sounds fine too and drives with all the power.strange really.going to drive the missus car to go pick the bits up though lol

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Wouldn't like to think, i just hope you have caught it in time.
If it's from the top, which it should be considering all the oil will drain down, the lifters will be running dry.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.