Oil Temp Sender Pic! (Hole with sender in)

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Hi everyone, can someone post a pic or email me one of there seat ibiza cupra mk3 with there oil temp sender in where it is meant to go.
Because i've found a hole but had no nut in it, but also when i look from under the car i can see striaght through it!:shrug:

Please help as i want my temp gauge working and thought i found the right hole!:rolleyes:

cheers jay
email : [email protected]

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
no thats not it, its not visable from underneath the car, open the bonnet and look where the oil filter is located on the front of the engine, above it you'll see a blanked off hole with a holt with a hex head on it, above that sqeezed in sort of above and behind it is the bolt your after, bitch to get 2, i think its a 5mm hex bolt from memory

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
i think i see it!
Is it sort of behind where there are some wires held in a plastic retainer thingy!
Looks like the 5mm hex bolt is hold a metal thing on though?

Real confused lol!:rolleyes:

Need a pic!

flashbsd

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

the circles are where each photo is focused into, you can see the bolt directly through the 3/4cylinder's intake manifold gap.

Its a bolt that has nothing connected to it, no wires, just a bolt on its own, and i warn you now, its not easy! in the second photo the botl is just above the bolt you see with wires connected, its facing upwards

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Finally found it!

Everyone who wants to know:

Take the cover off the top the engine, now standing at the front of the car above the engine look down between the rad and the front of the engine, you'll see the oil filter at the bottom of the engine now lookin in the same place work your way up and on top of the filter will be the oil cooler!
On top of that is the bolt!
Like they say you really cant miss it.
Reason why u cant see it straight away is because there is a row of wires covered in black right in front of this bolt.

Take the wires out of the holder and bend the holder back and it will reveal the bolt!

Cheers jay :funk: :clap:

flashbsd

brilliant, went through all that and i didnt even get a thanks for the photos! :thumbup: