OMG i dont believe it !!!!!!! My car is fixed

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Rejecting a car , any one had any experience?

I am rejecting my Cupra on monday the dealer cant fix the fault , so after putting up with the fault for 5 months and been in with the stealer for the last 10 weeks , i have had enough and its going back.

i think 5 months is long enough to give thedealer a chance to fix it

So i am after a like for like same car as a replacement ( with no faults)

Basicaly has any one been through this and what experience have they had.

i purchased in july , fault was logged with SEAT 4 weeks later , although it was there when i purchased the car.
covered 7,000 miles on faulty engine , paid £17k when i bought it , what ideally am i expecting the dealer to give me as a deal.

I will fight hand and tooth if they offer me todays market value as i havent actually driven the car on 4 cylinders yet.

but the terrible dealings i have had with SEAT over the last 5 months i just know i am going to get shafted.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Ask for a full refund as the car is not fit for purpose.

Even though he's driven it for 7000 miles? that's not going to happen.

They'll swap like for like, or new + ££££

Rejecting is 'OK' as long as you're able to demonstrate ample opportunity for the dealer/manufacturer to rectify the fault & that you've not put up with the fault for so long that its clearly fit for purpose.

At 7,000 miles I'd say you're in the middle ground on putting up with a fault from new. But As long as you know how many times it's been into the dealer & know what they have & have not done each time you should be in good standing

potter

sorry, i miss read that i thought he had bought the car when it had done 7000 miles for 17k.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Even though he's driven it for 7000 miles? that's not going to happen.

They'll swap like for like, or new + ££££

Rejecting is 'OK' as long as you're able to demonstrate ample opportunity for the dealer/manufacturer to rectify the fault & that you've not put up with the fault for so long that its clearly fit for purpose.

At 7,000 miles I'd say you're in the middle ground on putting up with a fault from new. But As long as you know how many times it's been into the dealer & know what they have & have not done each time you should be in good standing

well i have given them 5 months to fix it.
its been a rolling month to month of trying different bits to get it fixed all for the same fault.
it was not a new car but 5 months old sales manager car with 4 k on the clock

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
How did you pay for the car? Credit Card / Finance? You have added protection there.

Because it's 2nd hand you need to take it up with the dealer, not the importer.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Yeah that is a pity but doesn't mean all is lost. Fit for porpoise is the main point here. If your car has hardly ever been running on all four cylinders then the thing is clearly not fit for purpose. Ring OFT and run it by them. You have clearly given the dealership time to rectify the problem, if you have records of all communication between you and them then you should be able to move things on quickly.
Chin up

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
I am rejecting my Cupra on monday the dealer cant fix the fault , so after putting up with the fault for 5 months and been in with the stealer for the last 10 weeks , i have had enough and its going back.

i think 5 months is long enough to give thedealer a chance to fix it

So i am after a like for like same car as a replacement ( with no faults)

Basicaly has any one been through this and what experience have they had.

i purchased in july , fault was logged with SEAT 4 weeks later , although it was there when i purchased the car.
covered 7,000 miles on faulty engine , paid £17k when i bought it , what ideally am i expecting the dealer to give me as a deal.

I will fight hand and tooth if they offer me todays market value as i havent actually driven the car on 4 cylinders yet.

but the terrible dealings i have had with SEAT over the last 5 months i just know i am going to get shafted.

A year ago I bought a nearly new Audi A3 3.2 which kept getting the engine light coming on.

After the car had to be recovered back to the dealers several times, and returned to me supossedly fixed, i decided that i had no choice but to rejected the vehicle. I had owned the car for around 10 days but had only driven it from the dealer to my home and then to the top of my street twice, in that time.

I was given a courtesy car while they decided whether i could have a replacement car, even though it was a selling point of the dealer and they only did agree after i got a solicitor to write them a letter, and then they had to find me a car that they would allow me to have.

While they wer trying to find me a car, i located several cars the were an adequate replacement within the same company group (Lancaster Audi) that were of a similar value, but they said no to all of them.

2 weeks later i was told that a car had been found, but i would have to pay an extra £3000 to buy it, the original car cost around £17000. So i obviously said no, but did offer to pay some extra without giving an exact figure.

After another week had gone by and several more offers had been made, i finally agreed on paying £1500 to get the car. by this time the supplier of the courtesy car had been trying to charge me £50 a day for around 30 days hire, as the dealer had told them i would only need the car for 3 days and i was threatened with court action. The dealer did eventually sort out this problem, but the whole episode left a very nasty taste.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
thanks for the info whiteley.

thats 1 thing i am not prepared to do , i am not spending ne more money with them , in fact the way i feel .and the way i have been treated they should be paying me more money [:@]

any way , my main concern is what value they look at my car now , considering the fault was there when i got it and the 6 months that have passed have been with the garage trying to fix it.

its not like i just accecpted it its been a rolling month to month of them trying diffrent things and aiting for parts to arrive ( 10 weeks for a new exhaust) , with it finaly going into the dealers and not coming back out again until it was fixed , this was 10 weeks ago.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
My God thay are useless, 10wks for an exhaust!! I have no experience of rejecting a car but going on helpfulness (not) of SEAT dealers i've used for the last six years i wish you luck, think you will need it. :(

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Don't fancy your chances. It's one of those dirty words in the industry (along with value and customer service), and they will dig their feet in and make life as difficult as possible.

Whatever you do I hope it goes well, and make sure you get the appropriate magazine / industry regulation backing all the way to ensure they comply with their obligations.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Don't fancy your chances. It's one of those dirty words in the industry (along with value and customer service), and they will dig their feet in and make life as difficult as possible.

Whatever you do I hope it goes well, and make sure you get the appropriate magazine / industry regulation backing all the way to ensure they comply with their obligations.

i am up for a fight been doing it for last 6 months so nothing to loose now.
i know they will stick to their guns.
i have already drafteda letter to auto express , but will wait for the dealers official response to my "reject letter".

tbh with my experience of SEAT they really dont care , worse case is we are the mugs who buy their product and make them wealthy in return for our misery , but i guess most car producers are the same.

my nearley new care experience has been left in tatters , from the day you first find the right car to test driving , handing over the cash then the sleepless nights waiting to pick her up are know distant memories replaced with nightmares !

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Really not that good to see this. It is going to be interesting to see the outcome. Hope it all works out for you mate.

Poverty

Heard of a guy rejecting his Audi S4. Audi UK in the end took back the S4 and gave him a RS4 at a extremely favourable price. Do you want a replacement or money back?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
either m8
but i want a replacement on my terms not theirs.
so tbh a refund will be better (more bargaining power at the dealers) but not at todays rates and i think that will be the sticking point , ie bought the car at £17k so i dont want to be offered less , but i think they will say that , so we will have to see.

million dollar question - would i get another Cupra , answer is probably yes still ticks all the right boxes for me but might look at an edition 30 , but thats getting ahead of myself.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Really not that good to see this. It is going to be interesting to see the outcome. Hope it all works out for you mate.

yes , not a decsion i have taken lightly , i still have a funny feeling i am going to get a phone call out of the blue next week to say my car is fixed , but then again i went through that on friday last week ,

had the call "your car is ready , WE HAVE DONE EXTENSIVE TESTING AND ALL IS WELL"
so i requested that they fill the tank up as i thought extensive testing would be a few hunded miles , how wrong was i !

had a call 30 mins later " SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT WE FILLED THE CAR UP WITH FUEL AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON"

read into it what you want filling station is less than 5 mins away , extensive testing my @rse ![:@]