One reverse light ?

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
I noticed on the cupra there's 2 white lights but only one seems to light up when reversing , is this normal ?
Oh and if you're wondering, the missus was reversing and boy was I scared.
9cdfa729befc58d06641cfb1c017d03b.jpg

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
One reverse, one fog. Some countries don't bother with the rear fog light so they'd have two reverse lights.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Ive just fitted a canbus cree reversing bulb into mine and its an improvement....

Which one did you go for? Currently eyeing-up the AutoBulbsDirect one being recommended in the other thread but £18 seems steep!

Last edited:

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Sorry I can't post the link as I've not enough posts on the forum yet but the seller is
auto-illuminate-uk (2002) Two bulbs for a tenner. That's on ebay.
These are the ones I got. Was hoping to put the other one in the wife's Ibiza 6j but.....it's a different bulb so I've a spare ...

Last edited:

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
I noticed on the cupra there's 2 white lights but only one seems to light up when reversing , is this normal ?
Oh and if you're wondering, the missus was reversing and boy was I scared.
9cdfa729befc58d06641cfb1c017d03b.jpg

HI Springrollz I was wondering about this too as a neighbour pointed out that only oneo f my revers lights was on/working too. I have a 5dr FR and its only 2 months old and was a bit concerned that a led light could have blown after only two months of ownership.
did you get clarification from your dealer that they only have 1 reverse light and not two ?
I just queried this with my dealer and he said

'The Leon 5 door only has 1 reverse light so it’s OK.'
I'm not sure if that's right or not

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had a cree light in my mk11 reverse light, huge improvement but for a quick fix I popped into my local factors (dingbro) and bought a cheepo led unit at circa £1-70, makes enough difference for me to settle with that in the mean time, try a cheap one you never know it might just do.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
HI Springrollz I was wondering about this too as a neighbour pointed out that only oneo f my revers lights was on/working too. I have a 5dr FR and its only 2 months old and was a bit concerned that a led light could have blown after only two months of ownership.
did you get clarification from your dealer that they only have 1 reverse light and not two ?
I just queried this with my dealer and he said

'The Leon 5 door only has 1 reverse light so it’s OK.'
I'm not sure if that's right or not

On UK models the left is reverse, right is fog. You should be able to tell just by looking, the right-hand one has a red lens.

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
The reverse light is useless. I am going to try putting the hazards on tonight.
Tony
Tried that, not much help.

Last edited:

sniper357

Feb 1, 2017
Reversing

2x P21W ERROR FREE Ba15s 1156 382 30w CREE BULBS Xenon White DRL REVERSE MA261
On eBay £9.31 with postage from Trekdu work well m8 had them on my fabia vrs special they have two reversing lights made it look as if I had headlights at the rear brilliant

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members