opionions please on this LEON!

ati

hi eoinm

thats good to hear youve gad no porbs with it. well ive had a bad expereince with the clio and i really dont want the same expereince, i ve seen some steam on the headlights specially on the ibiza and heard about the rear wash not working and now this water issue is making me weary.

i do like the look of em and like driving it althought it was 5 min test drive i enjoyed it. i specially like stylance spec but they are pricy. the sports ed i,m after maybe is decent for the price as ive been told (£10.700) altought no climate or cruise. i can leave with out as i dont that much motorway and climate well i can learn to live wth out.

the golfs are good but they are very pricy and you get nothing with them for the cash plus they are so common, if u dont mind me saying that. not sean too many leons about tbh.

i think the overall feedback here are good but you guys definatly helped as well, i,m still considering it i just wish i can add the convience pack but only bnew.

i just want to know what kinda car i,m getting into, will it last and not take it to the damn dealers everymonth and how it performs and built. i,m very concerend about the noise as the mazda 3 is very loud as well as the focus, and clio sp[ecially in the motorway.

i think comfort counts when u drive for about 2hrs +. thats why i,m asking you guys, i wish someone done a small review on it :) or can give me or link me to one :)

@ Poverty what other cars in its class, all i can think off now is the mazda 3!

Poverty

Other cars in its class is the focus, astra, new impreza etc.

Reliability wise the seat will be fine. Handling will be great especially with the right tyres. Engine noise will be louder than in equivelant Golf. Road noise too. Interior a bit less special but other than that great car.

ati

thats great, ireally dont or expect a golf but an overall 10times better car than a renault

this 57 plate i,m looking at on the the thread will depreciate soon because of the 08 plate next month, does anyone know how much is the depreciation?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

EoinM

Regarding noise and trim quality - these aren't big luxury cars. they are small family ones. i personally think mine to be fine. there is a little bit more tyre noise with the larger wheels but i wouldn't say its the end of the world. as i said before i am picky about things like this and it doesnt bother me at all. its certainly a hell of a lot less than the clio. plus its only on the motorway that is ever becomes noticeable and then when the radio is off. trim quality is not the best but its not the worst by a long way. some plastics are cheap, others are not but the thing is well screwed together and the cabin parts you will be in contact with most (wheel, gearlever) feel good. for a supermini i always thought my sisters car felt solid etc but tbh it is is leagues behind any modern small hatch. plus regarding some of the problems you are talking about - if you buy a car still covered by warranty you haven't got anything to worry about really. every car will have some little thing but the warranty helps. I could've bought a golf sport or a focus zetec but i chose the leon for its individuality, looks and spec

ati

hello mate

i appreciate that, bit i am aexpecting some value and quality for that price tag if you understand me, and i,m really really glad to hear comparing to the clio. and i tootally agree with ya having a warrenty helps a great deal.

well the asking price for this car is £10,700, if i wait this should depreciate by a bit (New 08 plate) any idea by how much?

i do want the stylance but they are about 2-3k more. what do you think of this cars spec and asking price mate?

anyone know the depreciatoipn price when the new platesare out?

thanks

Poverty

thats great, ireally dont or expect a golf but an overall 10times better car than a renault

this 57 plate i,m looking at on the the thread will depreciate soon because of the 08 plate next month, does anyone know how much is the depreciation?

thanks

If you want to avoid the depreciation hit buy a Leon that is 9 months to a year old ;)

depreciatonleonvsgolfut5.jpg

EoinM

well i'm not living in the uk so the prices mean nothing to me but car looks good from earlier picture. if you are happy with the spec (and its not a bad spec to be honest) then go for it. it is a quality product though. you can feel it in the little things. you seem to prefer a slightly smoother driving experience whereas i would give up a little ride comfort for better handling/looks. drive the car ans see does it make you happy. thats the only way. a buddy of mine races BM's but wont part with his trusty OLD Corolla for love nor money as its exactly what he wants

ati

cheers for the info mate, i was just wanderinf can you pause the track with audio controls on the steering wheels. i cant see how?

anmd ya i thin a test drive is on order tbh.

i,m thining about the stylance mate in sports i think thats is fantastic for me. but this one here ticks the boxes as well apart from the cruise and climate control.

if hes selling it for 8k i'll have it now lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise