opionions please on this LEON!

ati

hi

thanks for that gary

@poverty

i know mate i only came across the cupra by chance and thought it looked decent for the price and i came across this 1.6 the other day and liked it as well and little cheaper on the insurance.

the clio is a 1.2 16v - 75bhp. i,m sure the leon is bit more nippy surly.

thanks

ati

i think the build quality is better on the seat and i want a bigger car tbh and something i can keep for a while and reliable.

Poverty

It will be slighty faster although im not sure it will be nippier. The Leon has extra weight to carry around. My mate has the 1.6 Golf and my car a 85hp ibiza is dead on just as fast as his on the straights, although mine is a bit nippier in gear which is due to weighing less.

Seat also sell 100hp 1.4 ibiza's maybe you should give them a look if you want more power or look at diesels as they are cheap on insurance.

The 8V is simply a more modern engine, to be fair I don't know why they dropped it, they never tell us the reasons! Actually, this engine is about to be dropped as well, the new 1.4TSi engine is replacing it.

Really? My sources indicate that in the next generation golf which is being unveiled late 2008 will drop the 1.4 TSI for audi's revised 1.8TFSI due to the 1.4TSI being apparently unreliable.

EDIT:

Just looking at the SEAT site now it looks like the 1.4TSI is already on sale.

Poverty

i think the build quality is better on the seat and i want a bigger car tbh and something i can keep for a while and reliable.

I would go for the 1.9TDI then TBH if your gonna keep it for a while. It gets good MPG and you can always remap it when you want more go.

ati

hi poverty

its a private sale, i want to keep it for a couple of years tbh, not really interested in diesel i wont get that much out of it as i only used it mostly to work and travelling to london.

i was told its a big jump from my clio ro the leon 1.6!

overall what do you think of the motor for the price?

thanks

Poverty

Well the 0-60 is about 12 secs on the 1.6 and I presume the clio would be about the same.

For the price its a good deal imho as im sure you would still be able to knock off a few £££ if you go ahead with a deal.

ati

hi poverty

cheers for your reply, porbablly about the same, but i,m going for quality and reliability and overall better car tbh.

and if i can get her down to around the 9k area would be great.

in terms of depreciation how do these cars keep?

was wandering these cars dont come with rear wash dont they?

i heard there is an issue with that as well as the headlamps steaming up.

that cant be too good

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've checked out the car on the SEAT ELSA system, its not an import its a UK car originally supplied by Listers of Coventry. I think you may have a couple of crossed wires as the car doesn't have the dual zone climate control (in the pics you've e-mailed me you can clearly see the 3 round heater controls) or the electric folding mirrors, the mirrors are electrically adjustable and heated though.

The Leon in this spec is a decent buy and will hold its value much better than its mainstream rivals.

The 1.4TSI is, as Poverty suggests, now on sale in the UK although the first cars are only just arriving and the 1.6 is still being made up until week 22. Several of my VW counterparts have spoken to me about the 1.4TSi and all of them rave about it, they like me have heard nothing about the engine being dropped but then again we are only dealers! It however,would be the first time I've known VAG to drop a brand new engine after only a year.

ati

hi gary

thanks for checking mate

ohh dear, the lady says it definalty has that (dual climate) and the folding mirrors.

i havent seen what the dual climate controls should look like or where, she got all the paperwork, how can i make sure of what options or spec the car has. shouldnt there be an itinary list or something to tell you what the car conmes with.

i have asked at work and was told that the 1.6 engine is a 16v engone and not the 8, still id otn know if thats true or not tbh.

is somewhere or some how i can check what options are available with the car and engine type it has (16v or 8v) she did say its se 350 1.6mpi.

it also has:

the car does have rear wash and wipe, parking sensors, a trip computer and the driver seat can be lumpar adjusted.

Regarding Tyre pressure it has a monitoring system which constantly checks the pressure and lets the driver know via the on board computer.

thanks

Poverty

The 1.4TSI is, as Poverty suggests, now on sale in the UK although the first cars are only just arriving and the 1.6 is still being made up until week 22. Several of my VW counterparts have spoken to me about the 1.4TSi and all of them rave about it, they like me have heard nothing about the engine being dropped but then again we are only dealers! It however,would be the first time I've known VAG to drop a brand new engine after only a year.

In his interview given to Automibilwoche during the motorshow in Shanghai, head of development for VW, Ulrich Hackenburg notified that the best selling model of VW will not be changed next spring as it was planned originally. According to Hackenburg, the reason is that the current VW Golf is still selling very well and now there is no need to replace the model. Of course it is an official reason.

According to Hackenburg, the new model will be equipped with updated 160Hp 1.8TFSI Audi’s engine. The company is going to stop production of the 170Hp 1.4TSI engine as this type is not reliable. GTL will be equipped with stronger motor version of the present 2.0 TFSI motor.

I agree that it would be very odd for the engine to get dropped so quickly especially after the awards it has won and it just being introduced into audi and seat. I will soon find out for sure whether the source above is reliable or not. :shrug:

ati

so that means the current 1.6 engine is better and reliable than the 1.4 coming to replace it.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
The 125 hp 1.4 TSI is not being dropped. It is only the 170 hp fitted in the Golf GT that is being dropped.

The 125/122 1.4 TSI are new variants that were only released a few months ago:

In 2007 Volkswagen announced the 90 kW model which will replace the 1.6 FSI 115 hp (86 kW) engine. This engine differs from the 103 kW and 125 kW models in several ways. It is turbocharger only and has water-cooled intercooler to reduce charge time. The engine has reduced frictional losses, optimized camshafts, new intake port and new high-pressure injector valves. It is also 14 kg lighter than the 125 kW model, all to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions.

More info here:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070529.001/1

Trust me, the car is an 8 valve, the Mk 2 Leon has never been fitted with a 1.6 16valve. The dual zone climate control has a digital readout, this car, if its the one you sent me pictures of, has a temp knob, a fan knob and a directional knob witha seperate air con button, that is not dclimate control its air con. The equipment spec is the same as a 2.0Tdi Ref Sport plus the rear park sensors and Bluetooth.

As for the 1.4 engine, SEAT are not using the 170BHP twin turbo 1.4TSi engine, they are using the 1.4TSi 122 BHP engine which is a later version.

You may have noticed that SEAT have dropped the "F" from the engine descriptions which is because (according to SEAT) in the UK it is inaccurate, our fuel (even V-power, Optmax etc) not of high enough octane to achieve the FSi effect. The question is why are Audi and VW still using the "F"?

ati

hi gary

this may change things, i think your right

i just got this from the owner:

The Vehicle is based on a Leon Reference which has the following items as STD:

Air Con, Tinted Windows,Body colour bumpers,door handles & exterior mirrors,
3 Cup Holders, 3 Spoke Steering wheel height & depth adjustable,Heated & Electrically
adjust side mirrors & Manual Parking position, Front Elec windows with 1 Touch & Anti Squeeze, Central Locking, ABS & TCS, Front & Side & Head Airbags, ISOFIX in rear seats, Space Saver Spare Wheel.

The additional items you also have on your vehicle is:

16" Alloys, Bluetooth Hands Free Connection, Sports Suspension & Seats and steering wheel
mounted audi controls.

thanks

ati

hi it does have the sensors,

its a shame really i wouldnt mind the dual climate and looks like the cruise control isnt included either.

where the hell is she getting the spec from?

ati

i def like the stylance spec, would be great to get em in red sports seats and bluetooth phone.

the stylance spec ticks alll the boxes for me tbh, but the price of the SE isnt bad and its literally brand new.

ive noticed the stylance comes with 1.4 tsi, in which i cant see anywhere.

@irfan

do you have a stylance with BT and Sports seats and interior.

thanks

ati

@ poverty

isnt theses 1.9tdi engines a bit noisy and dont have nice pulling power, than the 1.6 petro?

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

i def like the stylance spec, would be great to get em in red sports seats and bluetooth phone.

the stylance spec ticks alll the boxes for me tbh, but the price of the SE isnt bad and its literally brand new.

ive noticed the stylance comes with 1.4 tsi, in which i cant see anywhere.

@irfan

do you have a stylance with BT and Sports seats and interior.

thanks

Give me a call i may have another option for you

Irfan

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise