opionions please on this LEON!

ati

hello all

i posted before asking for your opionions on a cubra which was sold sadly, anway i have looked around and found this leon i must admit it is very very rare to find this one (why):

2007 Seat Leon Special Editions 1.6 litre 102bhp
57' Registration Plate (Nov 07) - Mileage 1000 miles

£10.700

Features include:

Integrated Bluetooth system which wirelessly connects your phone the car and is controlled by buttons on the steering wheel, no headset or earpice required! (this is an official SEAT option worth £250)

- Set of official SEAT carpet mats

- Steering wheel controls for Bluetooth phone and stereo operation

- Electric windows front

- Electric folding, adjustable and heated wing mirrors

- Emotion red paint

- Dual climate control for both driver and front seat passenger

- Cruise control

i havent sen many of these around, please tell me your opionion on the car,

whats is it like to drive?

build quality?

is the price ok?

does it keep out side sounds well specially on motorway (my clio defenes me when i hit 70 on MWay).

is it nibby and quick on 1st gear (round abouts situations and move off)

any issues with these models and any info would be great.

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
Annoyingly, the Special Edition models aren't listed on Parkers or WiseBuyers websites, but assuming its similar to the Reference but with some extra kit (Bluetooth, Dual Zone Climate Control, Electric Mirrors) it looks to be quite reasonably priced. It will depend on the condition though, and remember cars are always only worth what you are prepared to pay for them.

I've not personally driven one of these, but heard the 1.6 petrol engine described as "Loud but willing". You should go and take it for a test drive and judge for yourself if its quick enough in first gear or quiet enough at motorway speeds.

Is this for sale at a SEAT dealer?

ati

hi

thanks for your reply

no they are not listed anywhere, the car looks to me is the between of the sports ed and stylance.

the condition from the picture looks very good (as new the lady had it since xmas eve) and only used it for school runs. under 1000 miles on clock.

she still havent registred the warrenty or used the bluetooth phone.

ohh man is the engine loud and struggles?. and i wiill give it a test drive on sat.

its a private sale and seat i think have one.

here is a pic what do you think?

danscho

:-o:-odont know about that model but i will be selling mine in acouple of weeks for not much more than what your considering, leon '06 tfsi in black magic with a hell of a load of extra's - xenons, heated seats, cd changer xenon plus more. if your interested contact me.

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
the red one you show in the pic is the same as a mate at work....1.6 sport with same stuff on .his is a 07 and he called into the seat dealer the other day as he wants a diesel again and with 10,000 miles showing they offered him only 8,700.

dealer prices eeh.

i have the 1.6 sport in silver and find it fine but i am an old fart at 40.but i love the car .

good luck with that one on ebay

ati

hi

can you please send me the car details and pics if possible to [email protected]

thanks

:-o:-odont know about that model but i will be selling mine in acouple of weeks for not much more than what your considering, leon '06 tfsi in black magic with a hell of a load of extra's - xenons, heated seats, cd changer xenon plus more. if your interested contact me.

ati

hi cbred

thanks for your reply, so your saying that price for the car is decent for 10k. i was hoping to get it around that rice tbh.

and the dealer is preety much tried to rip your mate off, i,m going to try to arrrange a test drive this morning.

how do you find it driving it on the motorway, is it noisy, comfortable?

thanks

p.s age is just a number mate :)

the red one you show in the pic is the same as a mate at work....1.6 sport with same stuff on .his is a 07 and he called into the seat dealer the other day as he wants a diesel again and with 10,000 miles showing they offered him only 8,700.

dealer prices eeh.

i have the 1.6 sport in silver and find it fine but i am an old fart at 40.but i love the car .

good luck with that one on ebay

ati

hi all

quick update

i went to the dealers and took the refernce one out, it had the standard kit and suspensions.

it was decent on the bumps and holes on the road unlike the ibiza sport which i suspect it came with sports suspension. where i felt all the bumps and holes on the road as well as the noise it emitted from the wheels.

the cabin was relatively quiet and well built compare to the ibiza i think. id didnt get to push it to 70mbh to see whats it like in terms of noise and performance.

is it quiet or noisy on motorway speeding 70+?

i did find the pillars covered my view on roadoutabouts but i think i can get used to that and the 1.6 roars nicely.

the gearchange was brilliant 1000 times better than my clio :)

very well built car i think and decent cabin space, i did hit my head when i got in it but thats probably to my excitment.

your feedback also would be helpful as well, like i said the test drive was crap and short tbh. the salesman was persistant on heading back (another client) typical.

my concerns really is the sports suspension and road noise at 70+, any feedback would be great and advice.

ati

hi

how can i check if it is a uk car and not an import, could all these just be options?

thanks

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
8 valve so cheap insurance. mine is 250 quid fully comp.

re 70mph noise and comfort , i find mine fine but buy the armrest for that bit extra comfort.

do you not like the sports suspension?

ati

i,m surprised at that, i thought these 4 cylinder engines are 16v, and ya i,m already looking the armrest. they are about £95 from dealers i think.

ya they are a bit tought i think, you can hear everything on the road but i can proabbaly get used to it.

i just cant believe they are 8v

SEAT dropped the 16V engine when the Mk2 came out but the 8V is about the same BHP (102 against 105 for the 16V) and has got a bit more low down grunt. Insurance group one lower than the old model although it could be higher if it is an import.

Best way of checking whether its a UK car is firstly see if it has a SEAT UK customer care book (imports have different warranty and no SEAT UK roadside mobility cover) even if it doesn't have it it may not be an import, ask the dealer, he must by law tell you if its an import. Is it a SEAT dealer who has the car?

ati

hi

thanks for that gary, isn the 16v more efficient and possibly abit nippier?

i will check the carebook and everything, its a private sale, why did they drop it and surely there are disadvantages.

from 8v to 16v

The 8V is simply a more modern engine, to be fair I don't know why they dropped it, they never tell us the reasons! Actually, this engine is about to be dropped as well, the new 1.4TSi engine is replacing it.

Climate and folding mirrors have never been available as a factory fit option, they are either part of the spec or not. How do you know its got the sports suspension, has it got the red/black sports seats and front fogs?

If you like I can get the reg number checked through the ELSA service dept computer system which holds the details of every SEAT UK car which will tell me everything about the car but you would have to wait until tomorrow.

ati

hi gary

the dealer mentioned this, when i test drove the standard leon.

i dont know i, will ask the owner. and yes it has the red seats and fog lights.

thanks for your reply and no probs have you got msn please?

addme ([email protected]) and i'll send you the details

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

lol one minute looking at cupras then the next 1.6 leons. I would not really say that this car will be as nippy as your clio if it was a 1.4.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.