OTA updates / esim / Wifi queries

sam290989

Nov 18, 2022
Just updated to 1940 ota. Great. Now have another red dot and saying update available but when I press it the screen just says 'unable to start app' ... Anyone else have this prob?

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
This is the R9400L update that everyone is getting?

My car started downloading it, 3 hrs of driving later it's at 189mb of 2315mb. Might need to use the phones hotspot to get it done

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
This is the R9400L update that everyone is getting?

My car started downloading it, 3 hrs of driving later it's at 189mb of 2315mb. Might need to use the phones hotspot to get it done
This is the one I had...might be different from the others then

schofier

Aug 16, 2014
Southampton
This is the one I had...might be different from the others then
The R9400L download is the one I had which downloaded in under 35 minutes. BUT I do have a routine configured which automatically enables the phone's WiFi hotspot when it connects to the car's Bluetooth. Not sure whether the OTA updates would use this in preference to the built-in sim but judging by the experiences of others, it seems possible /probable.

Reactions: LetsForment

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
The R9400L download is the one I had which downloaded in under 35 minutes. BUT I do have a routine configured which automatically enables the phone's WiFi hotspot when it connects to the car's Bluetooth. Not sure whether the OTA updates would use this in preference to the built-in sim but judging by the experiences of others, it seems possible /probable.
Thank you, I'll give it a try this weekend 😊

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Mines updated. Got the message pop up and i clicked download. Checked the next day on system information and there was a message asking me to press install. Checked later on in the day and it was all installed.

Dec 5, 2023
Installed the big update(1940 iirc) on Saturday 2nd of December on my Seat Leon mk4, come Sunday there was another small update which took ages to finish so I gave up on it, but then come Monday half the assist systems got bricked.
  • No reversing camera
  • No maneuvering brake assist
  • No dynamic sign recognition
  • No lane assist
  • No ACC
  • No Start-Stop
Half the dash is in yellow lights now and the earliest slot dealer has is in Jan. Not saying it's the update's fault but the timing is suspicious.

Scriminjer

Oct 13, 2022
My V2 had a red dot yesterday and updated, then it wanted to download another straight after. Then another red this morning which it looks like another one.

Have they made cosmetic changes? Everything looks slightly different on the screen. Parking also sounds like it has new sounds?

Sound settings are finally saved! Immersive sound was on when I started the car!

CarPlay has also shrunk? There’s more visible on the screen?

Last edited:

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
My V2 had a red dot yesterday and updated, then it wanted to download another straight after. Then another red this morning which it looks like another one.

Have they made cosmetic changes? Everything looks slightly different on the screen. Parking also sounds like it has new sounds?

Sound settings are finally saved! Immersive sound was on when I started the car!

CarPlay has also shrunk? There’s more visible on the screen?
Carplay is finally at the right resolution.

Reactions: Alex667

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
The Android auto screen is a bit crap like that too. So much of wasted screen space.

Having said that, I seem to only have a 25% success rate trying to push to on-screen buttons on android auto, so tend to leave it off.

Feb 1, 2022
So I have had my VZ Hybrid for 11 months. It only has 4000 km on it and never had any issues except for a few occasional restarts. Its software after all. However on 6th December I got a message to download an update and I accepted. DId not use for two days and yesterday on starting up I got rewarded with an Infotainment christmas tree. I stopped counting after 10 or so restarts at 20 second intervals!!! The car is perfectly drivable but with no sensors, music, navigation or even aircon! :(

The sad part is that this is resolvable with a software update. You would think that a quick drive to the dealer would do the trick but all I got was an appointment for 22 January!! ... That and a load of BS about updates taking hours because they have to do them OTA! Has any of you had their dealers BSing them that they cannot do major updates over USB or that Cupra does not give the facility to dealers to update other than OTA.??

It would be intersting if there is someone from CUPRA who can dispell this dealer BS

Monsi

Dec 11, 2023
Dijon, France
So I have had my VZ Hybrid for 11 months. It only has 4000 km on it and never had any issues except for a few occasional restarts. Its software after all. However on 6th December I got a message to download an update and I accepted. DId not use for two days and yesterday on starting up I got rewarded with an Infotainment christmas tree. I stopped counting after 10 or so restarts at 20 second intervals!!! The car is perfectly drivable but with no sensors, music, navigation or even aircon! :(

The sad part is that this is resolvable with a software update. You would think that a quick drive to the dealer would do the trick but all I got was an appointment for 22 January!! ... That and a load of BS about updates taking hours because they have to do them OTA! Has any of you had their dealers BSing them that they cannot do major updates over USB or that Cupra does not give the facility to dealers to update other than OTA.??

It would be intersting if there is someone from CUPRA who can dispell this dealer BS
Don't understand why they claim they can only do OTA updates. You can easily do it by yourself with usb key.
Found this : https://www.docdroid.net/ZO5NFWQ/mib3-5f-sw-update-guide-pdf

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021

Tell the dealer that the inbuilt safety systems may be failed and also that you cannot safely operate the vehicle (demist etc) I asked my insurance company when my 5f unit failed 18months ago and they informed me i would not be covered if such failure may have limited damage or prevented a crash in the event of an accident.

Reactions: sgcamil

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom

Do you have breakdown with them? If so call it in and say it’s undriveable.

Reactions: sgcamil
Feb 22, 2022
Weiß jemand, wie man die anderen Einheiten des Autos wie A5, 5F usw. aktualisiert? Welche ODIS-Version benötige ich? Müssen Sie die Update- und Flash-Dateien finden?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise