Ovni Yellow paint code?-ibiza cupra mk3 2001

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Can someone let me know the paint code for Ovni Yellow, ibiza cupra mk3, 2001 model year.

I have lost mine during the weight reduction stripping of floor sound deadening.

Its located on a sticker on the boot floor under the carpet on the LHS

many thanks

(need to get some paint for my front wheel arches & bonnet)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
51H then..?

local lady who made me up some last time got it spot on.
stupid me then removed the paint code off my boot floor tho since :doh: :hide:

JimmyDerv

The code is LS1H, yours will match from the colour standard (i.e. off the shelf)as alternate 1 was not introduced until feb 2003, so all AMARILLO OVNI cars made between 02/2000 and 01/2003 "should" match with the standard (or 0) alternative the Dupont stock code for your colour is M4332.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
LS1H.. it is then :thumbup:

cool thanks people.

much appreciated.

:)

wondering how many can it'll take to do 2 x front wings and a bonnet.
:think:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
might not be that much to give the bits to a body shop & get them to do it as a fill in job.

Given it's a flat colour, it shouldn't be too bad

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
I have had the front end of mine resprayed and there is an obvious difference. The yellow does seem to have the most obvious fade and the plastics fade and spray up differently.

Hope i havnt put a downer on it but thort id let you know my experience.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Paints are all made up in different batches so the shade may well be different.

Its like wallpaper, if you don't get it by the same batch number, you end up with odd walls!

Also, your paint codes are on the inside cover of your service book, so long as the dealer stuck the sticker in there at PDI.

JimmyDerv

I agree with m0rk.. wouldnt advise spraying that sort of area yourself, a bonnet needs to be done in a shop, I spray cars every day and I wouldnt attempt it, also due to natural fade you will more than likely need to at least blow onto the doors to blend it out (thats if you are planning on doing the wings), a perfect edge to edge match is highly unlikley on any yellow. I know its easy for me to say but dont skrimp on a job like this as you could well do more harm than good with a poor finish....good luck!