Paddle Shift fitted to 1.6 DSG ??

patnj

Hi All,

Does anyone know (possibly "Techie"), if you can fit FR/Cupra Steering wheel with Paddle shift controls to a 1.6 SC Sport with DSG???

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I wouldn't have any problems with doing it, il check but bet your looking at £300 easy.

Not sure but think the airbag is different also.

patnj

Any additional info on cost and confirmation that warranty will still be ok, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks techie..

patnj

Do you have the paddle shift anyway?

No....this was not an option on the 1.6 DSG petrol nor known at the time, as the FR/Cupra/Boc had not been released.

Only became aware of paddle controls when they released these cars.

So to clarify, I am looking for Paddles (and appropriate steering wheel if required).

From my understanding the DSG is the same across these models, and assume that the paddles should integrate with this, assuming one can get hold of the necessary parts and possible control interface to the DSG.

On the otherhand, my understanding could be completely wrong :)

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
does the car have to be automatic or could it work on a manual, because i would b interested in doing that

Dickie sc

I would think you would have to have a DSG gearbox to have flappy paddles

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
does the car have to be automatic or could it work on a manual, because i would b interested in doing that

That made me chuckle on a grey and wet Sunday morning :lol:

Also it may be interesting to see if fitting a 6 speed manual gear knob to a 5 speed will enable the 6th gear :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.